Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Old 02-19-2022, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by pbraun View Post
Raggiemom...thank you for hosting this event. It worked. By publicly stating my goal I was able to complete day one and I did not even burn dinner.
Attachment 638082 This one was easy...just the word needed to be outlined.
Attachment 638084 This one liked as we look forward to fishing off the dock once the weather warms up.
Attachment 638083And of course who doesn't look forward to baby birds chirping? Ooops...I missed the bird legs.
Wonderful sentiments. Thanks for the eye candy pictures.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Dedemac - I'm with everyone else. I think some sashing between the blocks would keep them distinct. Maybe a light gray?

Here's my binding! And the finished blocks for the teal and orange quilt. I make lots of lap sized quilts.
Wonderful. Thanks for the eye candy pictures.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:34 PM

Been working on BOOM 27 blocks. Pictures posted on "Round/Row Robbin" Been so much fun.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:00 PM

Stacey, cute bear.

Update: I've gotten all the blocks sashed and ready for borders. I'm thinking on adding either a 1/2 inch or 1 inch black border before the 4 inch outer gray border that is the same a the sashing I did. I had to give myself grace on the seams for this one since some of the blocks were from 2013 when I first started to quilt. Back then the 1/4 inch seam was iffy. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

It's time to go to the family room and spend time with the DH.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:43 PM

I enjoy seeing everyone’s progress. Such lovely projects.

I made some progress on my BHMQ part 3 & 4. Almost done sewing part 4 and part 3 is 1/2 way done. I also figured out my backing fabric for the raggedy Ann top. Tomorrow I will finish setting it up and will start quilting. Hopefully tomorrow I will have more time to sew.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:21 PM

I love all of the wonderful projects!

jmoore: I’m doing scrappy tumbler blocks. I have a short stack of 10” squares which I have cut over several years. I decided to use these to cut out the tumblers. There will be very little waste because the tumbler is 10” tall and I am trimming the side leftover triangles to 5” and sewing 2 together. I’m still thinking of what I will do with the sewn pairs but I trimmed them to 2” width,

sewingpup: I had things hitting my house also with the fierce wind. There will be lots of small branches to pick up in the spring.

Dedemac: It’s also been a while since I’ve been to MOA. My late husband and I used to go out there to walk too.

I finished my scrappy RWB. There were several colors of 1 1/4” WOF strips donated to my church group. The note said for color wheels or placemats. Each color had 6 strips. I added some extra strips to get the strip sets to 6.5” and used them as centers of 6 of the Shoofly type of blocks. It was a great stash buster. I finished the top today and it is 60” by 80” and will be finished by my church group for donation.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BA44E222-30A9-42D6-9ACA-468D21B52004.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	638110   Click image for larger version

Name:	6B83BBD2-3A75-46C0-AD00-D12A0C279B26.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	638111  

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 02-19-2022 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2022, 04:01 AM

I love all the eye candy we get on these weekends. Thank you all..... And thank you Heather for hosting.
I planned on sewing all day yesterday, and it worked out in my favor. I got the cording done for one jelly roll rug, and started on a second one. I will have hopefully get back into the sewing studio today and finish the second cording strip. After that I will have 5 rugs ready to zigzag together.
Since Covid started and many of us have been home using up our stash and sewing to our hearts content, I took the opportunity to put my sewn items in a craft spot and have been very successful. Then came the staffing shortage in healthcare, and I have picked up overtime and bonus money and work extra as a result of it, which translates to less time at the sewing machine. That brought me to the decision pull my items out the craft spot due to being unable to keep up with the sewing. I have been asked to make and sell my items in another location, but I too have declined that offer. There are two big craft fairs that are outside in a local town that I plan to have a booth at instead. I have left over items from the craft spot from the various seasons that I can sell off and can now sew for leisure like I have this weekend to fill in with the jelly roll rugs. No matter where I go with the rugs, and it seems no matter how many I have, I always sell all of them. It has been a hard decision to make, giving up the craft spot, but there are only so many hours in a week, and when sewing becomes a demand instead of for pleasure, it obviously alters the enjoyment of it.
Happy sewing everyone! I look forward to checking back in tonight to see every ones progress.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:33 AM

Hang in there. It looks like it will be a dramatic beauty.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:37 AM

I was bummed yesterday that I got carried away with a knit baby blanket that I started Feb 2021. Took 3 nights just to take the original apart and then several hours to try, take out, and decide on the pattern. So, only part of one Imagine block. But today is a Sunny Sunday in central Illinois so sew I will.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:35 AM

I was able to get a top sandwiched yesterday and fixed some very wonky blocks for another top. It is the one where you stack 4 layers of striped fabric similar to the stack and whack technique and cut triangles and then sew them into squares. Well, my stripes were'nt lined up very well so I had to recut the triangles. Hopefully it goes together nicely now. I'm off to go shopping with my daughter so no sewing today, but tomorrow is a school day off so maybe I can sew then.