Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Patchwork plus Recipes equals Curtains >

Patchwork plus Recipes equals Curtains

Patchwork plus Recipes equals Curtains

Old 03-18-2022, 02:12 AM

Default Patchwork plus Recipes equals Curtains

Hi,
My mom passed away in 1999, and for years my sister and I have talked about what to do with her handwritten recipes,
Last year 2 unrelated things happened - we built a small seaside cottage and my sister started playing with heat-transfer vinyl.
Fast forward to this year,,,, We've been looking at new curtains for the cottage and just could not find anything I really liked.
Then my DH said: You have so much fabric....why don't you make something with it?
Mulling over it, my sis did the recipes on the vinyl, and I built a scrappy churndash around it.

Please don't look at the wrinkles and skew-ness.....it must still be ironed and quilted....just wanted to share so long😊
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kombuis gordyne.jpeg
Views:	792
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	638671  
Old 03-18-2022, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by RN-Quilter View Post
Hi,
My mom passed away in 1999, and for years my sister and I have talked about what to do with her handwritten recipes,
Last year 2 unrelated things happened - we built a small seaside cottage and my sister started playing with heat-transfer vinyl.
Fast forward to this year,,,, We've been looking at new curtains for the cottage and just could not find anything I really liked.
Then my DH said: You have so much fabric....why don't you make something with it?
Mulling over it, my sis did the recipes on the vinyl, and I built a scrappy churndash around it.

Please don't look at the wrinkles and skew-ness.....it must still be ironed and quilted....just wanted to share so long😊
That is so awesome. What a way to honor your mother and over the years, it will be nice to look at her handwriting and remember.. Hopefully the recipes are some of your favorites! Thanks for that great idea.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:40 AM

that is so cool
Old 03-18-2022, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewsewchickie View Post
That is so awesome. What a way to honor your mother and over the years, it will be nice to look at her handwriting and remember.. Hopefully the recipes are some of your favorites! Thanks for that great idea.
Thank you, yes, I chose some of my favourites, and my sister the ones she likes. I still have to make 4 more curtains for my kitchen for the other window, so more recipes will be used😊👍
Old 03-18-2022, 04:33 AM

What a lovely idea all round. A wonderful tribute to your mother.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:21 AM

What a great idea. You can see mom with you every day
Old 03-18-2022, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

Well done!
Old 03-18-2022, 06:07 AM

What a perfect place to view your Mom's recipes: above the kitchen sink. A lasting and loving memory of your Mom and her favorite recipes. Our son wants to inherit my very worn and tattered cookbook LOL and his wife made me a set of dishtowels using recipes from my mom and some longtime friends, from recipes blown up and printed from Spoonflower.com.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:33 AM

Oh I love that in more ways than one. So pretty and memorable!
Old 03-18-2022, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Great job!