Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend—April 15-17, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend—April 15-17, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend—April 15-17, 2022

Old 04-15-2022, 09:17 AM

I'm working on a tote bag....the Mimosa from Blue Calla. It is rated as "beginner" and 4-5 hours to make. So far, it has taken me 3 hours just to cut, interface and prepare everything for sewing! I'm pretty sure it is going to take more than 2 more hours to sew it together.....Oh well...no rush.

Watson
Old 04-15-2022, 01:48 PM

Hey everyone! I am happy to participate this weekend. I have a few goals to accomplish
1. purchase binding fabric, prepare binding, and bind my 3d pinwheel quilt.
2. cut more pieces to continue enlarging my double wedding ring and hopefully get some arcs pieced.

I am off work on monday, so I look forward to a nice long quilting weekend!
Old 04-15-2022, 05:08 PM

I need to finish borders for a gnome quilt. Make my frankenbatting and backing for this quilt. Then I will cut and start a cross quilt.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Hi All! I am working on a oriental purse. It is a vogue pattern and I am using a green/gray print for the outside. It is a fast and easy to give me a break from a large red and white quilt for my niece Tara.
I got sick of it and had to have a short project to keep me in stitches.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:30 AM

I got no sewing done yesterday, my daughter was up for a medical procedure Thursday and had another appointment yesterday morning. By the time she left it was late in the day so I opted to clean so I have that out of the way. I hope to make progress today and tomorrow! Have a wonderful day,
Old 04-16-2022, 04:57 AM

I'm about 55-60% finished on quilting, only got one tea towel embroidered but I did do a bit of spring cleaning in the sewing room ( always a good thing!) Now I need to do something about floors throughout the house in anticipation of company tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:26 AM

Hi everyone, so glad to be participating in VQW again. Yesterday I helped a new possibly budding quilter sew a small flannel baby quilt top. It still needs the borders attached but coming along nicely. My personal projects include getting up to date on the weekly paper pieced blocks I'm doing. Also plan to make a small padded tote for a light box I recently acquired and I have a small scrap quilt pinned & ready to be quilted. With any luck I'll be able to post a pic next month of the finished quilt. Happy quilting everyone!
Old 04-16-2022, 06:39 AM

Hey everyone, yesterday I got my medium fabrics chosen and cut into rectangles for my Judy Niemeyer class. Those will be the sunflower petals. I think I've decided on the fabrics that will be the centers- I'm not cutting these until we get to class. I am having a hard time deciding if I want to do a dark background or a light background. In either case, I probably don't have enough fabrics to only use stash for the background so I need to make a decision today or tomorrow so I can buy some on Monday.

Meanwhile, my quilting machine table is completely covered with the fabrics I've been auditioning, which is putting a crimp into my ability to work on the Snail's Trail Al Fresco quilt- I think instead of doing more quilting on it today, I'll work out what I want to do with the borders and mark as needed.

Rob
Old 04-16-2022, 06:41 AM

I made a scrappy blue and grey top from a pattern that jmoore posted a long time ago. I am finally starting to machine quilt it with a serpentine stitch, only managed a couple rows last night, but maybe a few more before the weekend is over.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:38 AM

I took on a personal challenge and did a little studying of the pattern. It is a Kim Diehl pattern and has a lot of applique on it. Wish I could send you a pix but just am not able to post pixs. I haven't done a lot of applique so this is testing me. I think I have the procedures down from reading so we'll see how it goes.