Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Old 06-30-2022, 11:10 PM

Woo Woo here too. This motivates me to focus and do the sewing/quilting. Have been tempted to wander through today. But, with VQW, I’ll get with it.!

In this new home, I need different cloths. And I’m disappointed in what’s in stores. Other quilters have said same. Suggested was thrift stores for better quality. What a surprise. So I’ve pulled out patters and fabric to sew my own. Very rusty and physical shape has really changed. So I’m anxious for the results. Anxious makes focusing harder. So VQW is a great accountability.

Yesterday, got dh alterations done. No more excuses to delay sewing.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:07 AM

I'll be working on another quilt for Sleep in Heavenly Peace. I was given fabric, including 2 panels, for a Tonka truck quilt. I hope to make 2 quilts, maybe one a little smaller than the other. If I get one completed this weekend I will be happy. I need to clean house because my sewing group is coming on Tuesday and my son and I will be getting together sometime this weekend.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:21 AM

Today, I'm meeting with sewing buddy to do quilt inventory. After ten years of sewing/selling at church, we need to take a good hard look at what's on hand, what has / has not sold and plan accordingly. Thanks to her, we have a yearly record of sales and I'm hoping we can get through this in a couple hours. ALS donation, Project Linus donation here we come!! (She also gets another 40 x 60" scrappy to hand stitch binding on the back. She says it relaxes her.)
I'm loading a medium size quilt on longarm and continuing on the never ending scrap piecing projects. It would help if I would double check my measurements before cutting. I'm working with a limited amount of Kaffe Fassett scraps.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:29 AM

I am in also! Looking forward to a week-end of quilting related activities.

My plan is to conquer some of my pile of UFOs by layering/sandwiching seven and finishing one maybe two.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:38 AM

Well, I'm at that hate stage of finishing a quilt.............hand sewing binding to the backside. Almost done with the smaller quilt but have another one, much larger to do up next. This has stalled me finishing the quilting on the larger one that goes with the smaller one..........or that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Plus now that summer is here I'm busy every day picking from the garden. Just about finished with the strawberries and they gave me a great run. Now the green beans decided to jump in on the band wagon and start producing a bit earlier than expected. Also my grape and cherry tomatoes are starting slowly to produce.

The other day I made up a couple trellises with scrap 1x4x8 and rabbit fencing I had for the butternut squash to vine up on. Hopefully they will take the hint. No zucchini yet but lots of flowers.

Then in August, if not sooner, my raspberries will give me a run most all most and into September. Then of course there is the never ending mowing of the lawn, weeding, deadheading, etc. Just put new rear tires and an air filter on my mower. My neighbor was so kind to change the oil and blade for me on Monday so I'm good to go for the summer.

Now if only it would rain. Our forecasters claimed a hotter and wetter summer this year in Iowa and all I've been getting is hotter and stronger winds.

As you can see not much sewing in my near future but have plenty of quilt tops to quilt if I ever get the chance.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:05 AM

I was planning on spending a few hours in the flower/weed beds, but we are enjoying a lovely gentle rain. Hoping that it will last most of the day--what my prairie farmer parents called a 'general rain', and oh my we need it! So instead, I will tackle a major sewing room clean-up. I have a couple of projects in the wings and a few ideas that have been percolating in my head, but that room is a total disaster that needs sorting out. I know I will work better and faster once that is done.

Wish me luck!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:17 AM

I was hoping for this this weekend! Sure hoping I get to do some with MIL in hospital who knows. I have a quilt on the frame I would like to get done and binding made. If it works out really well I have another to prep for the frame also.happy quilting everyone!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I think I’ve missed some past info. It’s interesting that you create pattern(s). Can you show one?
Haha….no, I don’t create patterns, but I am going to try!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:24 AM

Yay! Thanks for hosting, Heather. My quilting studio is picked up and ready to go. I'm back to doing the quilting on the doodle quilt- lots of small fills left to do. I also have a small art quilt that needs something in the background- if I can decide exactly what that is, then that will be a quick finish. And I'm still paper piecing my Sunflower Illusions quilt. 16 more of the big paper pieced units to go, then I can stitch the big ones to the small ones to form the 32 blocks and put the top together...that may be something for next VQW LOL!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

Rob
Old 07-01-2022, 07:55 AM

Yesterday I finished a few more blocks for my Dear Jane quilt. Only one more row (13 blocks) and 6 triangle border units to go! But the rest of the weekend and next week, I really need to get this pile of donation tops quilted. I quilt on a sitdown machine and it's not my favorite thing to do but the time has come. Thanks for the motivation!