Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Old 07-01-2022, 08:38 AM

No sewing yet, but I am making progress on the cleaning. Had a flat box in the room wasn't sure what was in it and when I opened it found receipts and papers from 2007 thru 2011. Decided to just do a not so quick sort, I have a large pile of either shred or use as starter for the fire pit. Still making progress on cleaning, but will set up a machine in the dining room and do a quick binding on the two church quilts this afternoon, I found them in the sewing room and they really need to get done.

Today we have some awesome weather, enjoying the windows being open and will work in the garden when the sun is at a lower angel.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:32 AM

We are not ones to be out and about on these busy holiday weekends. We are retired and can do most things during the week. It seems every place is getting just so crowded - so goes life. I will be working on my challenging applique quilt. It is only 60 x 60 inches so will either put it on a wall or just as a topping on a bed quilt. Everyone stay safe if you are out on the roads and lakes.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:36 AM

Thanks for hosting! I'm going to be joining in tomorrow. I had to go in to the office today. I'm hoping to get the blocks sewn together for my Kaffe Fassett quilt this weekend and maybe do some hand sewing the Smitten quilt. I've got all the strips for the piano key border for the Kaffe quilt cut and may get some of those done too.I've never done a piano key border before, but I had so many nice scraps and one of my friend's suggested that I do a piano key border. I think it's gonna look great!
Old 07-01-2022, 12:35 PM

I am in but actually in Lancaster PA enjoying all the quilty things. Bought some Henry Glass yardage for a small Kim Diehl sampler. Of course I left the pattern home so I guessed at what I needed to add. I love searching the myriad shops all over this county. When I get home to the NE corner of the state tomorrow my plan is to start cutting for this fun project. I also have a Project Linus quilt I'm working on.
Just an aside, every time I tried to type "quilty" it kept auto correcting it to "quilty". Is it trying to tell me something ? 😄

Old 07-01-2022, 12:37 PM

Thanks for hosting again, Heather!

I added final borders to a top this morning. It will be given to my church group to finish and donate. I have another top to add borders to also.

Old 07-01-2022, 01:49 PM

My daughter came up last night for a few appointments she had for today. I made her favorite lunch and then she went on her way. I did get my studio squared away, as well as all my laundry done, a pantry organized, and my lawn got a good watering this morning. No sewing today but do hope the next 3 days allow me some sewing time!
Old 07-01-2022, 05:40 PM

Default Friday

Well, this ended up not going as expected. We have two refrigerators, one of them the bottom had stopped working but the freezer was still working, found out extremely early this morning that the freezer is now dead and I had to pull everything out (which I lost everything) and clean the entire fridge top to bottom. Until we can get it moved, I'm going to use it for dry goods storage, so now that it's clean and dry, I have to load it and then, I can start quilting.

I did get my Muslin pulled out and in the kitchen, so I'm making slow progress to quilt but I'm exhausted from fighting with that fridge all night. Really upset and disappointed this had to happen now, it couldn't have waited a week, fiancé is in the village all weekend, so I had planned for a quiet one next to my sewing machine.

Pics of the quilt I'm working on is coming, one good thing about working on the fridge is that I think I figured out a solution to the problem I've been having.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:04 PM

I'm sort of in - definitely going to be following along and cheering from the sidelines at the very least. :-)

I do have a project on the table but am struggling with motivation and so am using it as a mini-escape from other busy life stuff. It's going to be a pinwheel quilt and I've finally finished auditioning fabrics and have been doing some very slow cutting - sometimes only 8 or 10 squares at a time.

Hoping to find my quilting "mojo" again soon, but for now I'm glad to be the tortoise in the race to the finish. I still get to play with the lovely fabrics but am in no hurry to get this one done. Good luck to everyone with your projects and plans!

Old 07-01-2022, 08:36 PM

Count me in! I didn't get anything done today, but plan on going through my scraps tomorrow for my keep and go pile.

I only got one of my quilt tops quilted during last Virtual weekend, though had planned to do more. But still made progress.

I was having some issues with speed control and found a foot petal addition that will work with my machine that will help regulate my speed when doing machine quilting. Precise Pedal Power I'm waiting for it to arrive before I do more. I love my Baby lock Accomplish, but it is hard to keep the speed regulated and the stitching when machine quilting even stitch size. Seems I get a lead foot at times and just race away a little to easily.

I'll probably work on getting the binding for that quilt made up and started as well this weekend. Still fighting a head cold, so I'll be taking it slow.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 07-01-2022 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:44 PM
Power Poster

I've been working on sewing summer clothes for the grandkids. Will continue over the weekend so I can get back to my quilts.