Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Old 07-04-2022, 05:15 AM

My plan was to conquer some of my pile of UFOs by layering/sandwiching seven and finishing one maybe two.

-----Layered 6. I found one of my seven needed a final sashing that would impact the size of the backing. Not this weekend!
Finished one on Sunday and will quilt another today, Monday. I have a new quilt inspector Zuzu in my home and she went right to work on this checkerboard quilt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-03 Pink Checkerboard 40x40 donation  400 sq.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	639846   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-07-03 First effort at quilt inspection.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	639847  
Old 07-04-2022, 05:55 AM

Wow, that will be quite an accomplishment when done.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:34 AM

I have all the blocks done for my Kaffe quilt and all the rows sewn together. Darby was restless yesterday so I only got 3 of the rows sewn together plus I put one of my EPP blocks for the Smitten quilt done. I'm hoping to get the block part of the top sewn together and the first border put on today. Oh! I did sew some of the "keys" for my keyboard border together..

I've also decided to use up some more of my scraps to string piece pillow shams to go with the quilt.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:52 AM

WMUTeach - oh my gosh, that is so, so pretty! I love that quilt pattern you chose for it and your new quilt inspector seems very pleased with the results! She's a very pretty kitty, too >^^<

I think I have maybe another hour and I'll be done marking the table quilt and I think I'll call it for the day to get some sleep. Managed a couple of more chain blocks, too, I spent most of my time today finishing up cleaning the kitchen so I don't have to worry about it waking up and I can concentrate on my quilting. I'll make a batch of biscuits so I have something to munch on, not in the mood to heat the kitchen for a full meal.

Name:	20220703_224225.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	480.7 KB
ID:	639850   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220703_224153.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	639851  
Old 07-04-2022, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nesie View Post
I am in but actually in Lancaster PA enjoying all the quilty things. Bought some Henry Glass yardage for a small Kim Diehl sampler. Of course I left the pattern home so I guessed at what I needed to add. I love searching the myriad shops all over this county. When I get home to the NE corner of the state tomorrow my plan is to start cutting for this fun project. I also have a Project Linus quilt I'm working on.
Just an aside, every time I tried to type "quilty" it kept auto correcting it to "quilty". Is it trying to tell me something ? 😄
Meant " guilty" lol
Old 07-04-2022, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

I finished cutting all the strips for my Log Cabin Bouquet class, and then tried putting one block togethser. The pattern is missing some info, such as how many rounds to make the center part of the block, so my block didn't come out right. It's still pretty and will be an orphan block for something else.

Name:	IMG_2503.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	390.6 KB
ID:	639860  
Old 07-04-2022, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I finished cutting all the strips for my Log Cabin Bouquet class, and then tried putting one block togethser. The pattern is missing some info, such as how many rounds to make the center part of the block, so my block didn't come out right. It's still pretty and will be an orphan block for something else.
That's a gorgeous pattern and such a good use for Kaffe fabrics. I can hardly wait to see the finished project.

I'm hoping to get up to my sewing room for an hour or so this afternoon. Darby has been having a restless day and he fusses if I'm not near him. I'm hoping he will settle and go to sleep. If not, I may take him upstairs to the sewing room with me and see if he will settle down there.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That's a pretty block, Sewbiz.

I think I've finished the quilting on the doodle quilt. Spent the afternoon adding some more bling-y paint. Might actually get it done by the end of the week!

Rob
Old 07-04-2022, 04:06 PM

Wow you’ve all been so productive this weekend. I did do some English paper piecing today. We had a lazy day here—watched a Greys Anatomy marathon then watched the new Dr Strange movie. I didn’t actually get much accomplished but feel relaxed to start working on stuff tomorrow. I’m meeting a friend at the local quilt shop for the day so should get something done there. See you all next month!
Old 07-04-2022, 04:53 PM

Did manage to attach the centre of the 2021 BOM at thequiltshow.com but had a welcome diversion with DD and DGD popping in this afternoon.

Name:	82980698-20CC-47BB-9036-AF73D59ECF64.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	639864