Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Minnesota. >

Hi from Minnesota.

Hi from Minnesota.

Old 07-19-2022, 05:54 PM

Default Hi from New Ulm

Which shop was your favorite? They are each so different. Have you checked out Quilting By The Hearth in Lonsdale yet?
Old 07-19-2022, 05:59 PM

Default Hi Tartan.

Tartan has great idea to add layers of rubber or foam to bring up the height. I will keep that in mind! I did talk to Creative Sewing and they told me how to try to micro adjust the table height, just have to buy a socket set. If that fails I will do the foam!
Old 07-20-2022, 05:44 AM

Which is a favorite in New Ulm? Sewing Seeds, but they are all good.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:24 PM

Welcome to the board from NE Ohio.
Old 07-20-2022, 04:00 PM

Default Finally, Success! Fixed the Koala table height!

Woo-hoo! Succeeded in micro adjusting the Koala manual table height. Only took $50 investment in rachet set and 3 trips to hardware store, flashlight, 6 inch ruler to figure out just how much higher the table needed to go, my daughter to push down on table while holding the flashlight, while I contorted my 62 yr old body underneath and 1 feline inspector monitoring the entire process. Hope I NEVER have to do this again....
Old 07-21-2022, 06:42 AM

Huzzah. Feline inspectors make a world of difference. Your tools will come in useful. Now you need to buy a vintage Minnesota machine. ( sold by Sears)
Old 07-25-2022, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Julie Greene View Post
Woo-hoo! Succeeded in micro adjusting the Koala manual table height. Only took $50 investment in rachet set and 3 trips to hardware store, flashlight, 6 inch ruler to figure out just how much higher the table needed to go, my daughter to push down on table while holding the flashlight, while I contorted my 62 yr old body underneath and 1 feline inspector monitoring the entire process. Hope I NEVER have to do this again....
Yikes. Wish I had read this thread earlier. I am assuming you have an airlift cabinet and needed to adjust that bolt underneath the cabinet in that metal slider thingy. Yeah, I have to remember how to do that every time I get a new machine. Do yourself a favor and make a copy of the instructions and stick it in a drawer in the cabinet or tape it to the machine. I have also tried making marks on the slider piece as I have a couple of different machines I sometimes put in the cabinet. I got lucky with two machines in that the wooden cover insert for my cabinet was exactly the right thickness to make the height adjustment without me having to mess with that bolt. I just put the wooden piece on the platform that holds the machine.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:31 PM

Default Awesome idea!

That's a great suggestion! Thanks.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:18 PM

You can adjust that thing?!! Good to know!
Welcome to a very helpful board!
Old 08-04-2022, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Greene View Post
Hi from New Ulm. New here. Does anyone know how to micro adjust a push down vintage Koala Cabinet? My machine sits too low. Any advice would be helpful. TIA.
The adjustment was so easy. I've put up with an uneven sewing surface for YEARS because I did not know about the adjustment.. Thank you so much!