Is your Covid slump over?

Old 07-20-2022, 06:53 AM

Smile Is your Covid slump over?

I did finish some quilts during Covid, but very slowly. Am finally working on an art quilt that I've been thinking about for years. What got me started was seeing the quilts posted here, and remembering how good I felt when I'd had some time with my fabric and the sewing machine. What got you started?
Old 07-20-2022, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

I never had a covid slump in quilting. I did more quilting. . My kids and grands were always around, I kept the grands when the school closed and they like being in my sewing room. I'm doing more sewing now though because I am determined to make all the quilt kits I bought during covid.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:34 AM

I didn’t get in a slump, but it surly made work so much busier! Quilting is something I do when all work is done and nothing work related or personal related needs my attention. Now that things are quasi less chaotic, I have been able to quilt more but 2022 has been extremely challenging thus far!

I am glad you found your mojo and can’t wait to see your project!
Old 07-20-2022, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

Covid had no effect on my quilting. My son was very sick and I took care of him until he died. He did ask me for a quilt and was well enough to pick out fabrics, but as fast as I worked, in my limited time, by the time I finished it he was too sick to enjoy it. My mojo still comes and goes. I am in a lack of mojo right now, for no apparent reason, but, I just roll with it. Mojo will return
Old 07-20-2022, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

I am still in a quilting slump but I will get back into it when I am ready.
Old 07-20-2022, 04:06 PM

My sympathy, Stitchnripper. Prayers for you.
Old 07-20-2022, 07:39 PM

Stitchnripper, my condolences.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:04 AM

Slump? I experienced just the opposite. I could not go out so I dug into my stash and my To Do List and away I went. I tried to use all of that alone time to my advantage and was more productive that at any time in my quilting journey. I tried new techniques, worked just from stash, used up odd and ends of thread, reduced my stash by making masks and donating quilts to Project Linus. Now, here I must add that I was newly retired and live by my self. My time was mine except for my online teaching. I could give my time to quilting where others of you had much more important responsibilities of caring for others or working at essential jobs.

I hope that those of you who felt a slump will regain your joy and excitement in quilting.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:36 AM

My story is similar to WMTTeach. I never had a slump. Stuck at home, I also pulled statsh. I made hundreds of masks to give to neighbors and scrub caps for out local hospital workers. After that I jumped into my very long list of projects either new or started and not finished. I completed several but have many left to complete. Now that I am back to work at the quilt shop, I have been busy making class and shop samples but still find time to work on completing a few of my own.

I did slow down a bit while taking care of my failing father. But sewing is my therapy and my hubby would often tell me to go spend some time with my machine when my sister was taking care of dad. He also kept the home front clean, cooked and did laundry to allow me time with my dad and my machine. He is a keeper!

Stitchnripper, I am so sorry to learn about your son. Sending hugs and warm thoughts your way.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:35 AM

Just the opposite! With Stay at Home and away from Covid germs, I had plenty of opportunities to quilt. I put up the 3x6' folding table I used to sandwich quilts. I called it "My Covid Table", and it was basically in the way between the kitchen and dining area, Didn't have any visitors, so the area was tolerable.
Now, there are plenty of excursions to distract. Our beaches were closed at times during Covid to discourage tourism?. I really enjoy being there. Also, with my workroom newly finished, I now have space for cutting glass. Currently, I just finished the last block of my scrappy quilt yesterday and finished drawing my next stained glass project. Gonna select glass in blues and greens today!