Is your Covid slump over?

Old 07-22-2022, 01:20 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Stitchnripper.
Old 07-22-2022, 02:10 AM

I, too, am sorry for your loss, Stichnripper. I hope quilting can be your solace.

I haven't had a slump, but I have been sort of up and down in the energy I've applied. Staying home more gave me time to experiment a bit. I also tried to use my scraps more although I seem to have generated more scraps due to shopping. The local quilt shop was one of the only places I went except for the grocery store for a long time, and I did a little more shopping oniine.

I want to share pictures of my Corona Cabin and Omicron Cabin quilts, made of "strings" and other scraps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Corona Cabin.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	639983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Omicron cabin.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	579.1 KB
ID:	639984  
Old 07-22-2022, 04:02 AM

Sorry for your loss Stitcnripper. I never had a slump with quilting. I did have a slump with mask making. The more masks I made the more I wanted to quilt instead.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:35 AM

I didn’t quilt that year. I’m an ER nurse, so I actually worked more. I also lost my mother and grandpa ( not to COVID), had hand surgery, the dog had knee surgery, and remodeled a house. It wasn’t until this winter that I resumed quilting.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Thank you to all of you who offered me condolences, sympathy, and prayers. All appreciated. The loss of a child, no matter how old that child was, is a unique horror that is very different from other losses. Not the natural order of things. Sorry to go off topic but wanted to offer thanks.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Thank you to all of you who offered me condolences, sympathy, and prayers. All appreciated. The loss of a child, no matter how old that child was, is a unique horror that is very different from other losses. Not the natural order of things. Sorry to go off topic but wanted to offer thanks.
Completely understand. I recently lost my brother to cancer and my mom and I are both in a major slump, and not just where quilting is concerned. I know it's an even worse feeling for my mom. *hugs*