Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas about type of machine >

Ideas about type of machine

Ideas about type of machine

Old 07-23-2022, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
Do make sure the machine has a lever to drop the feed dogs. Some semi-industrial (like certain Juki models) don't have that - you need to switch out to a thicker needle plate that prevents the feed dogs from touching the back of the fabric..
I don't know if the 2200 QVP Mini is considered "semi industrial". I'm not even sure what that means. But mine has a lever to drop the feed dogs

Old 07-23-2022, 06:56 PM

Yes - I will make sure I can lower the feed dogs- thanks!!
Old 07-24-2022, 09:32 AM

Have used Brother 1500S for 25+ years. The second one is exactly like the previous one. When you have a great product, don’t change it. Wish I’d kept the first one and had 2.

Brother has a dual feed function for super straight stitching. The dealers repair men were unaware of this and said it and Juki did the same. Not so! Unless doing a zig zag, 98% of quilt sewing is on Brother 1500S. No computer.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

I have a Brother 1500, one of the first models. It worked great for a long time but I guess the repairman now can't fix a mechanical machine. They don't know how to fix the thread cutter causing the hook to get out of whack. I have had it in the repair shop three times, three different repairmen, for the same thing. They say they are Brother Techs, I guess not repairman. I have a Juki and it is acting up too. Been in shop twice. Ugh. My old Singer is over 60 years old and still sews circles around the straight stitch only machines now. Never been in the shop either. It's easy to keep clean inside, no hassle removing the housing, no plastic anywhere. I have a Brother sewing/embroidery machine for fancy stitches if I need them.
Old 07-24-2022, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Have used Brother 1500S for 25+ years. The second one is exactly like the previous one. When you have a great product, don’t change it. Wish I’d kept the first one and had 2.

Brother has a dual feed function for super straight stitching. The dealers repair men were unaware of this and said it and Juki did the same. Not so! Unless doing a zig zag, 98% of quilt sewing is on Brother 1500S. No computer.
interesting. Do you mean the pin feed?
Old 07-24-2022, 01:39 PM

Just a note. The Brother 1500 does not have speed control.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:31 PM

Yes, pin feed.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:23 AM

I like that word "kerfluffle". Do want you think is the best and will work for you.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

I do love the long harp space on the straight stitch machines. I can do machine quilting with my old Singer up to a double bed size. The bigger quilts I send to a LA. I do very few bigger then double size for the grands and donations. Each child has a queen or king size traditional quilt pattern made by me and one each is enough. LOL The rest are large throw size for general use.
Old 07-25-2022, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have a Brother 1500, one of the first models. It worked great for a long time but I guess the repairman now can't fix a mechanical machine. They don't know how to fix the thread cutter causing the hook to get out of whack. I have had it in the repair shop three times, three different repairmen, for the same thing. They say they are Brother Techs, I guess not repairman. I have a Juki and it is acting up too. Been in shop twice. Ugh. My old Singer is over 60 years old and still sews circles around the straight stitch only machines now. Never been in the shop either. It's easy to keep clean inside, no hassle removing the housing, no plastic anywhere. I have a Brother sewing/embroidery machine for fancy stitches if I need them.
Does this Brother 1500S ever go on sale?