Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitchers Garden quilt w/o the techniques >

Stitchers Garden quilt w/o the techniques

Stitchers Garden quilt w/o the techniques

Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 AM

If this is the same quilt I made--and yes it was a class and expensive--each block was to be pre-quilted by using the decorative stitches on the machine. One might have little flower designs or serpentine lines. Took a lot of time and then again--leaves you wondering--how do I quilt this.
Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
I'm not familiar with this pattern, and am probably about to speak heretical words, but if its just diamond quilting, could you use (cover your ears) (or eyes, lol) pre-quilted fabric?
Old 10-16-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I plan on just appliquéing each block and picking out a few tehniques vs trying to endure all of that "quilting". I will have my longarmer just do the quilting once the top is pieced.

Sandy
That quilt looks very much like one I did years ago called Bloomin' Flowers. I did what you want to do - just make the top as usual and get it quilted by a longarmer. I just had an overall stipple done. You will need to alert her if there are any 'special' areas to be careful of - mine had a few flowers with fringe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	300_4687.jpg
Views:	1313
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	582338  
Old 10-17-2017, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by alikigirl View Post
That quilt looks very much like one I did years ago called Bloomin' Flowers. I did what you want to do - just make the top as usual and get it quilted by a longarmer. I just had an overall stipple done. You will need to alert her if there are any 'special' areas to be careful of - mine had a few flowers with fringe.
beautiful too! Great colors...on both posts!
sandy
Old 10-17-2017, 06:49 PM

I have taken this class......all my blocks are finished except the last two months but they are started. Yes, it is expensive but I tried to use fabric from my stash to help out on the cost. Now I need to get together with the instructor and try to finish blocks and then put it together. She said she has a way to do it that is easy. I am going to get this done one way or the other since I've been working on it since May of 2016 and now it's a challenge for me.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
I have taken this class......all my blocks are finished except the last two months but they are started. Yes, it is expensive but I tried to use fabric from my stash to help out on the cost. Now I need to get together with the instructor and try to finish blocks and then put it together. She said she has a way to do it that is easy. I am going to get this done one way or the other since I've been working on it since May of 2016 and now it's a challenge for me.
post a photo when you finish it!

sandy
Old 10-18-2017, 06:20 PM

This is the quilt I did--when taking the class you follow the instructions and then later find you didn't like doing the partial quilting of each block. I added some butterflies, etc to mine to make it a little different.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

If you really are not enjoying this thing, how about making a few pillows with what you have done, and use the rest of the fabric for something else?
Old 10-22-2017, 06:28 PM

Yes my sister and I started this quilt a few years ago and still not finished but have too much invested in it to give up on it so every now and then we pull it out and work on it not all the techniques of this quilt are easy to understand
Old 08-14-2022, 02:48 AM

Love your quilt! I recently bought along arm. Still thinking of using it on the Stitchers Garden.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:20 AM

I also have this pattern. One of my sisters wanted to do a quilt together. So she bought the whole kit, probably about $400. I bought the pattern. I don’t buy kits. My sister has given up and sent her stuff to another sister to sew. Looking at the front page, at the picture of the quilt. It’s a nice quilt. If you take out all that black. So, I have decided to put this on my ‘winter quilting’ list. You know, frozen outside, snow is deep enough that you don’t want to go anywhere. I’m planning on using batik scraps for the flowers. Bright colors. The background and block fabrics I will use multiple light batiks.
Oh ya, and don’t plan of following the directions. I’ll fuse the flowers and go around the edges with invisible thread zig zag stitch.