Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Old 09-03-2022, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Just getting into the studio today. Yesterday I finished the quilting on the doodle peninsula landscape and added some embellishments to my UFO art quilt. Today I want to get my Midway S.F. doodle quilt ironed to set the paints and then sandwiched so I can start quilting it tomorrow. I also want to add some more embellishments to my UFO. Here's a pic of the quilted but not yet bound Peninsula landscape:

Happy quilting everyone,
Rob
Wow Rob what a beauty! Your work is spectacular and always a treat to see what your work! Is this going in a show?
Old 09-03-2022, 01:12 PM

Thanks, Lisa. Yes, it is for a gallery show in November. I may still want to add some additional touches, but I'm going to let it sit for a while so I can ponder it before making a decision.

Rob
Old 09-03-2022, 02:07 PM

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one working in the quilt room today. I completed a second top which is a Christmas present and worked on a set of placemats for Christmas also. Hopefully will finish the placemats tomorrow and start on a second set.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:23 PM

Saturday Update:
1. Blue giant Arkansas Crossroads block quilt (The blocks are giant sized, not the quilt.) Quilting almost finished
2. Green chevron quilt.
3. Blue sampler quilt from a friend who can no longer quilt. Quilting done and ready to do the hand stitching on the binding!

Time for a bit of sustenance and a movie while I hand stitch the binding on #3.
Old 09-03-2022, 04:03 PM

Default Art quilt in my dreams

This is the first sorting for the art quilt, on top of the couch.

now I need to go to the LQS to purchase……. Fusible. Didn’t bring any from California. Found a design board. Still working out construction. Maybe it won’t be fused but pieced.

a9b89357-abe1-4f1a-8b2c-763f8ba5d6eb.jpeg
Old 09-03-2022, 04:05 PM

Always good to see photo. Already see some possible editing. It’s a process.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:31 PM

Thanks for doing this. I may not be able to do any quilting, but I plan to clear away all the detris from making masks and cutting the scraps into triangles for a scrappy quilt. If I can find my sewing machine I will sew the Christmas serpentine table runner that I started before hubby broke his hip as the pandemic started.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:38 AM

Last night I was finally able to sit at the machine and sew. Making a valance for DS window.

While purging I found finished quilts that are Project Linus worthy. Took off the hanging sleeves, sewed on the labels. Washed/dried. 2 done and 2 more need a little patching before adding the labels. Hopefully tomorrow I can work on the skateboard blocks.

With all the fab being reorganized AGAIN it should look like new stuff when shopping for projects. Right? lol
I know. In my dreams.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:39 AM

Going to start quilting my Midway S.F. quilt today- Looking forward to that. In between quilting sessions, I'll start tracing the Big Fish quilt cartoon onto my fabric. Still need to do some small finishing up things, like sewing labels and hanging sleeves on a couple of quilts. I've decided to put off photographing the landscape doodle since I am not going to enter it into the show that has a deadline for entry of tomorrow- that means I can spend more time doing fun stuff like quilting! I also need to work on my Sunflower Illusions quilt- it's been languishing on the dining room table untouched since last VQW. Maybe tomorrow on that LOL.

Rob
Old 09-04-2022, 11:06 AM

Not a huge accomplishment but I have now cut my fabrics, and batting for 7 more placemats. I hope to attend a retreat on the 23rd so will save these to work on there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	C8B4B459-23AD-42E8-B1F0-761C04369D6C.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	640410