Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Old 09-04-2022, 11:40 AM

One quilt done this weekend. I was given the top by a friend who has had to give up quilting. She filled my car with tops, partial quilts, and tools that I would never have purchased myself. What a blessing. When looking through the quilt tops she looked so sad when I looked over this top. I asked if she would like me to quilt it and return it to her. She beamed and said, "Yes, if you would." So, it is now done. It needs a label and I have asked the owner to direct what should be on the final step.

On to the next quilt for this VQW.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-09-04  Marti's quilt, quilting and binidin only are my work.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	640411  
Old 09-04-2022, 02:15 PM

Nice finish, WMUTeach!

I didn't get any quilting done today, but I did get the cartoon traced onto the fabric for my next art quilt (Big Fish). Tomorrow I'll work on quilting the Midway quilt and may paint a little on the Big Fish quilt.

Rob
Old 09-04-2022, 06:09 PM

Sorry I'm late posting this. Had company as their home was sprayed for termites and the children were not able to be there for 48-57 hours. They left at 2pm today. Fell onto my bed and breathed a sigh of relief that they were gone. I love them dearly but from afar is even better. The 3 kids were constantly trying to chase my 2 cat who have never been around kids.

Ok, I'm working on my flag wall hanging. Just need to quilt it on the machine now ans then attach the binding. Easy as pie.

Then, if I get the Flag wall hanging finished this weekend I will start on Matthew's Cop quilt. Can't wait to see his eyes bug Christmas Day. I was informed that Michael decided I had to go to their house for Christmas which I turned down. I will keep their gifts here and they will come here -- both Chad and Vicki started to chime in with Michael but I don't want to go out that day. It's not a day I look forward to being as I am alone. Being at their home would not make the better and would then put a damper on their holiday.

They also came to bring me a meal for Monday. Vicki said just stuff it in the microwave and heat it for 5 minutes. I'll think about that one.

I did tell them that the only tradition that I have still is reading the Christmas story from the Gospel of Luke. When they come here I'll ask Chad to read it. I hope he will do it this year. It will be wonderful to have a man's voice reading it again. My Father always read it for us at home. He's been gone 40 years and the reading job fell to me as I was the oldest child at home. Momma said she couldn't take over that job. So I agreed.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:12 PM

These are the pictures that I will be using for Matthews Cop Quilt. Circle of people will be the Thin Blue Line circle protection of each other from the front view. See part 2 below.

Name:	K-9 a.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	640417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Police 3.png
Views:	4
Size:	613.7 KB
ID:	640418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Squad 1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	640419   Click image for larger version

Name:	P D 1.gif
Views:	35
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	640420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thin Blue Line 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	640421  

Last edited by MaryKa; 09-04-2022 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:27 PM

Here's Matthew's Cop Quilt part 2

Thin Blue Line protecting us from evil - - side-by-side

Name:	Dispatch 2.png
Views:	4
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	640422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thin Blue Line 1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	640423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Police 2.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	640424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Matthew David Badge.png
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	640425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Police 1.gif
Views:	40
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	640426  

Last edited by MaryKa; 09-04-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKa View Post
These are the pictures that I will be using for Matthews Cop Quilt. Circle of people will be the Thin Blue Line circle protection of each other from the front view. See part 2 below.
Wow! Can't wait to see what you do with this.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:36 AM

I quilted this quilt on Saturday and Sunday. I put the binding on the front by machine today. I will sew it to the back of the quilt while I watch TV. This quilt will go to CASA.

Name:	Balloons.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	640436  
Old 09-05-2022, 03:04 PM

I hope you’re all happy with how much you accomplished this weekend. Although I didn’t work on the sewing machine either yesterday or today, I did get some handwork done. Sunday afternoon I finished hand appliquéing a EPP Dresden block. Today I finished the appliqué on a wool snowman. All in all, it was a productive weekend for me.

Quultnlady and Julienm1–I’m impressed with the cleaning and organizing of your rooms 🙂. I’m going to Johnson City and Pigeon Forge TN later this month so am waiting until after that to take care of summer purchases! Hopefully the room will be in awesome shape for the October VQW.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:16 PM

I’m happy with progress. Learned to post pictures. Made progress on wrap. I’ll need exercise. And pulled fabrics and have plan for art quilt.
Old 09-05-2022, 05:04 PM

Thank you Heather for hosting VQW my what an ambitious group. I'm exhausted just by reading all the post.
nice dress petthefabric. Love the color.
Thimblebug, I really like the pattern for your placemats and love the cardinal fabric.

I've been busy stencilling pillows, and I just finished sewing them together tonight. Tomorrow I will turn them and get them ready to stuff with polyfil.
I also organize and did some work on getting ready for a craft fair I will be doing next weekend.
I also started spaghetti sauce, I have reduced it by about 4 quarts so far, gotta add onion next, and continue reduction tomorrow.
keep up the happy sewing everyone, love these weekends and reading or seeing all the work that gets done.