Boom 28 Holly

Old 09-11-2022, 10:32 AM

Cheesehead -- Lovely block! What's the pattern?

Old 09-11-2022, 12:07 PM

I like to listen to podcasts too. I listen to these quilting podcasts: American Patchwork and Quilting, Simple Handmade Everyday, A quilting Life, and Quilting for the rest of us. I don’t listen to political podcasts. My other podcasts are financial podcasts as that’s my job in the family. I like This American Life for outside of both of those topics. There are so many of those you can pick the topics you’re interested in.

I can also take out audio books from the library. DH and I listened to two great ones on the way home: Horse by Pulitzer Prize winner Geraldine Brooks. Very engaging. I usually avoid the books that have won literary prizes but this one was really good. And for those who are traveling like we do, or in an RV: Take me with You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. The book had some of the same places we had travelled to while were on our trip.

I can’t usually watch shows while I”m quilting but audio books and podcasts keep me motivated in the sewing room.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:35 PM

Is there a thread that explains this ?
Old 09-11-2022, 01:39 PM

Hi Suern3. Here is the original sign-up thread link: https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...a-t318987.html

The BOOM exchange is described there. I'm sorry you didn't see it before. It's a fun process!
Old 09-11-2022, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Hi suern3, this is a thread for a newly starting Boomerang swap. Once our sign up time is up, we split into two threads for each of our two groups. This time it's Pumpkins and Holly. There are other threads for our older Boom swaps on the board. You may understand the swap better if you read one of the older threads, as they are complete through the end of a swap, whereas this one is just beginning. You might try looking through this one, Azaleas:

https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...d-t317342.html

Old 09-11-2022, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

MJP, thanks for those book recommendations!

I will add to your list of quilting podcasts, Hello My Quilting Friends (Leah Day), The Quilting Arts, Connecting Threads, Threads Magazine, Seamwork Radio, Love to Sew, Not Your Granny's Quilt Show, Behind the Seams, Running Stitch, Measure Twice Cut Once, and Quilting Stories. Some of these are sewing podcasts.

How's everyone coming with their F8 preparation?
Old 09-11-2022, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Cheesehead -- Lovely block! What's the pattern?
It's called Pipers Puzzle from a 100 Blocks magazine. Winter 2016 - Volume 14 block #1380.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:25 PM

Thank you, Cheesehead!

I have been so busy getting my F8 bundled up and ready to mail tomorrow that I forgot something. You are reminding me that I have a bunch of those 100 Block magazines as e-magazines on my computer here at my new home. I don't have to worry anymore because I don't have my hard copies with me!

There are only have 19 blocks to work up. Why worry, right? I can't wait to get everyone's fabric in my hands to figure out what I need to shop for.
Old 09-11-2022, 05:47 PM

All ready to send. Envelopes supposed to arrive tomorrow. Will mail Tuesday. Just realized my binder of favorite boom patterns is in AZ. And a bit scary not having my usual stash. But one block at a time. I didn't have it back in Boom8!!
Old 09-11-2022, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Just warming up by making my first block.
That’s a pretty block!