Boom 28 Holly

Old 09-12-2022, 11:51 AM

I made my first block this afternoon! I wanted to use bright colors this time!

Old 09-12-2022, 11:56 AM

I am excited to get started in the BOOM. RIght now we are with my mom for the last few days of her life. She has Stage IV invasive breast cancer that has revenged her body. It has metastasized her brain and lungs. She is completely pain free and has been the last 1.5 years. It is amazing. She is tired and has stopped all treatment. It will be nice to have the BOOM to focus on once she has passed.

Love seeing everyone's fabircs.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:56 PM

Hi there Boomers, I was lurking today on the new swap groups and see lots of familiar names and some new ones. I sure have missed you guys I know it's been a while. This is my first day looking on QB in a looooong time. Work has been very busy as you can imagine, but I am well. I was hurt and not sewing (or working) for a while, but have healed and able to sew again (though haven't done much lately). Lot's of family stuff good and bad, but life seems to be settling more lately. Several FB memories this past 2 weeks have been pics of Boom blocks and they made me homesick so I thought I'd see if you guys were still around and making blocks, glad to see you are. I am hoping to be back for the next swap. (I know it's likely not going to be until after the first of the year since this one is just getting started)
Old 09-12-2022, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I am excited to get started in the BOOM. RIght now we are with my mom for the last few days of her life. She has Stage IV invasive breast cancer that has revenged her body. It has metastasized her brain and lungs. She is completely pain free and has been the last 1.5 years. It is amazing. She is tired and has stopped all treatment. It will be nice to have the BOOM to focus on once she has passed.

Love seeing everyone's fabircs.
Oh H4B I am so sorry to hear this. I am certain your being there brings her peace and comfort.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:16 PM

Thanks for your responses Sewbizgirl and ibex24. I will enjoy following the process for now.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
RIght now we are with my mom for the last few days of her life. She has Stage IV invasive breast cancer that has revenged her body. It has metastasized her brain and lungs. She is completely pain free and has been the last 1.5 years. It is amazing. She is tired and has stopped all treatment. It will be nice to have the BOOM to focus on once she has passed.
So very sorry to hear this, Hav. Yes, no pain for her is a miracle. I hope she passes peacefully and stays pain free.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I am hoping to be back for the next swap. (I know it's likely not going to be until after the first of the year since this one is just getting started)
It's so great to hear from you. I'll probably do another Boom in the Spring, depending on how much interest there is at that time.
Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
Thanks for your responses Sewbizgirl and ibex24. I will enjoy following the process for now.
Hope you will lurk throughout the whole swap and see how it works. Then next time, you can join in! I think you'll love it.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:49 PM

Hav4boys, hugs and prayers to all of you.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:55 PM

Kassaundra -- always great to see you! I am glad to hear things are somewhat stable for you and yours. The Booms are my happy spot, too.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:06 PM

Cheesehead-. This is a lovely Block

sewbizgirl- I will be ready to mail on Wednesday

travelinggramma--Mia is a beautiful bird

hav4boys-- Sorry to hear about your mom, Prayers to her and for you.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:08 PM

My first block for the Baby Girl Quilt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lisa Block.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	640509