Boom 28 Holly

Old 10-30-2022, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Well, I really did a number this weekend on myself. I was starting to put my mask on to go into a store, and wasn't watching as I was walking and there was a ditch next to the side walk, and my ankle bent into it and I fell down. Now I have to go to the orthopedic surgeon to see if I need surgery, because they say my Tibia doesn't look aligned and I may have torn a ligament.
Stupid masks! Another reason to ditch them.

Hope you don't need surgery! Heal soon....
Old 10-30-2022, 09:45 PM
Power Poster

Terriamn, I cut fabric on my dining room table, covered with cutting mats. I commandeered the dining room many years ago, and added it to my quilting conquests.

Do you have a kitchen or dining table you can use?
Old 10-31-2022, 03:55 AM

Terriamn, hubby picked up a Husky height adjustable workbench for me. It has two drawers and is very easily raised and lowered. Also has casters for moving and can lock in place. I love it. The top is 52 X 24 and is great for cutting on my largest mat. I’ve got a small room to sew in and this is perfect for me. Here’s a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BD484076-D3D7-44DC-8DE2-9946124ADEB4.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	785.7 KB
ID:	641131  
Old 10-31-2022, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ladies I have a quick question for you. Where do you or what do you use to cut your fabric on? Need something here in Texas, most dressers and work tables aren’t even wide enough for a 24” cutting Mat and they are all about 30” high which is way to short for me to cut comfortably
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifetime...0726/305551875

Lifetime tables fold in half for easy storage and are adjustable to three heights. We actually carry two in the RV. They do come in different sizes - just look for ones that have adjustable heights
Old 10-31-2022, 04:40 AM

LogCabin sorry about your fall, hope you won’t need surgery.

Thanks for your pictures and ideas. TG I am using that same table right now for my sewing table. Sewbiz we have a great kitchen peninsula that could be used to cut on but hubby would really prefer for me to contain my sewing to one room. I hope to eventually get a sewing table like Pet’s and Janice your table would work well with it
Old 10-31-2022, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Janice, I like the table!
Old 10-31-2022, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Here is one for Klaws, a bullseye or God’s eye, fabric was fussy cut to have the colors of the strips coordinate with the colors in the focus fabric. Hugs!!
I LOVE my block with all the colors and fussy cutting. Great job! Thank you!
Old 10-31-2022, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
For me, if I choose a block with Triangles, that's what takes me longer, because I usually end up having to take the stupid triangles out because something isn't measuring up right. I must have a triangle curse or something....
When I do a block w/ triangles I draw the block out to size, then draw the triangles on a piece of freezer paper, add my 1/4 inch seam allowance and use it as a template for cutting the triangles, just press it to the fabric and cut. (even better if you are wanting a fussy cut for centering your image)
Old 10-31-2022, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Stupid masks! Another reason to ditch them.

Hope you don't need surgery! Heal soon....
I woke up this morning and found this! Dropped my X-rays off to the orthopedic doctor to look at…

Old 10-31-2022, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ladies I have a quick question for you. Where do you or what do you use to cut your fabric on? Need something here in Texas, most dressers and work tables aren’t even wide enough for a 24” cutting Mat and they are all about 30” high which is way to short for me to cut comfortably
Kitchen table for rotary cutting fabric, wide ironing board for fussy cutting w/ freezer paper and scissors