Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend Dec 16-18, 2022

Old 12-17-2022, 03:38 PM

Don't know how I managed to miss this, but I did do some sewing yesterday and today. I got all the paper piecing done (finally- it only took about 8 months LOL) for my Judy Niemeyer Sunflower Illusions quilt. Now just need to make space on the design wall to decide which fan shapes go with which outer arcs and start stitching them together. I'd also like to get some quilting done on my Tempest quilt- and I have another doodle landscape quilt (this one's called Doodle Peninsula) that I need to do some additional quilting on before it's ready to bind.

Rob
Old 12-17-2022, 03:41 PM

I got all the Kleenex covers done. 70 of these little things. Good way to use scrap fabrics. I guess tomorrow I will get back to that ugly quilt I keep putting off
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	E04E7C42-97F9-4849-ACB8-8E936C68AB17.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	641931  
Old 12-17-2022, 05:23 PM

Julienm1–thats great that your organizing is going well. I hope to get a little more done myself tomorrow afternoon

rff1010–beautiful lone star

rryder—better late than never! Glad you joined us.

cjsews—that’s a big project off your list finishing the Kleenex covers.

I spent the day quilting with friends a LQS. Bought some fabric and hardware for three By Annie bags. But that’s January projects!
Old 12-18-2022, 02:57 AM

I just noticed this VQW today also. I have been sewing this weekend though. I just joined Project Linus several months ago and my goal is to complete 1 top a month. I have been pretty successful with that but need to streamline some of my procedures. For instance, I hand sew all my bindings and that's not practical for this purpose. My issue now is I'm working with a cute pack of 5 in precut squares and of course I don't have enough to finish so I'm using stash. Some of my stash is cheesy and doesn't come up to the quality of some of the designers. The pre cut I'm using is Best Friends Forever by Stacy Hsu for Moda. Adorable but of course I'm doing the "All Boxed In" pattern and it takes 75 squares and I have 42. I'll be happy if I just manage to sew the last round on and it looks ok. BTW, I love the All Boxed in Pattern for donation quilts.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:40 AM

Nessie...funny thing I'm sew All Boxed in pattern right now but using yardage for the center instread of charms. I have have so many cuts that are working perfectly for centers. Just a different version of a great pattern. BTW, all of these quilts using this pattern asre going tko our loacal Project Linus chapter.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:59 AM

img_20221218_063120532.jpgimg_20221218_063127652.jpgimg_20221218_061720592_hdr.jpg
I have to admit I have lurked on here reading what everyone has been doing this weekend. It has been snowing here for two days, so a perfect weekend to spend at the sewing machine. My daughter has the pioneer woman set for her kitchen, and to my surprise this past Wednesday, I was at Walmart in the craft department and saw the display of Pioneer woman fabric. I was hesitant, wondering what the quality was, but I bought the precut 1 yard of the aqua print. To my surprise, it is great quality fabric. If any of you or your family have pioneer woman products, and you would like to make a coordinating item for them, don't hesitate to purchase and use this fabric. It felt as good of quality as a quilt shop fabric. Not thin or cheap. I really enjoyed working with it, and will definitely purchase more. I plan to check back in this evening, and catch up on all the projects everyone is working on, enjoy your time at your sewing machine.😁
Old 12-18-2022, 04:09 AM

I've actually gotten 80 6x8" scrappy string blocks ready to join for a top and I'm 40 out of 80 blocks done for project involving HST's. Now if I could get some elf to drop by and finish wrapping gifts and mop the kitchen floor...
Old 12-18-2022, 07:25 AM

Where is the stupid hat, I should have looked at the instructions for QAYG or at least watched a video before I wasted the time with some of the calculations yesterday. The sashing is a separate piece! Well doing much better this morning Sinuses kept me from church this morning, I will watch it at 10:15 but would have liked to listen to DH sing in the choir. Didn't think they wanted me coughing and blowing my nose constantly during the service, It's a pain having allergies to pine an flowers at Christmas.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:10 AM

Default Vqw

Making more string blocks. Been working on these for more than a year. Need 252 (if I remember correctly). I think I have this number now plus a few extra. Onto trimming to 4 1/2 inches...
Old 12-18-2022, 11:48 AM

I found the top of my cuttig table. Looks to be in good condition. Took the time to kinda sort fat quarters but after I finish thils All Boxed In pattern I plan on hunting for wayward fat quaters. Those need to be organized by color if not part of a bundle. This organizating is so much work. I think it's time for special egg nog.