Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another batting question >

Another batting question

Another batting question

Old 12-23-2022, 12:39 AM

I agree with Grey Lady. Call/email Quilter's Dream, they will send you a booklet with samples of all the battings they produce. And they're lovely battings. I'm a happy convert, never looked back.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	batting samples.png
Views:	36
Size:	806.7 KB
ID:	642029  
Old 12-23-2022, 03:43 AM

Some quilters in my Guild use a cotton batt and a wool batt to make their quilting show up in our quilt show. The wool is on top. It definitely makes the quilt thicker. My son is 24 and loves his old puffy comforter from when he was a child. I have often wondered if that trend is returning.
Old 12-23-2022, 06:14 AM

I've used Hobbs Cloud-Loft batting. It's 5/8 in. I used it on a child's quilt, maybe 50 x 60 in. Quilted on a Juki TL2010Q. It's quite bulky, so I'm not sure I would attempt anything much bigger on my machine. But I was very happy with the results!
Old 12-23-2022, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia Drew View Post
I've used Hobbs Cloud-Loft batting. It's 5/8 in. I used it on a child's quilt, maybe 50 x 60 in. Quilted on a Juki TL2010Q. It's quite bulky, so I'm not sure I would attempt anything much bigger on my machine. But I was very happy with the results!

I will have to try that one! I have the same machine, so it's nice to know it will work in there.

I think my desire comes from the quilts my mom used to make, but she tied all of hers. I guess I will have to do some trials and see what I like best. I just need to find some consistency. I have one I used on my youngest's Thomas the train blanket (tied) that I love, but I can't remember what it was.