Boom 28 Holly

Old 12-29-2022, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Or perhaps April…
Old 12-29-2022, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Wonderful blocks, Ibex. Thank you for the eye candy.

Here are Klaws' blocks that she sent me to upload. More eye candy!

These are blocks for JayneW, Log Cabin, and two for Petthefabric.
Great blocks, Klaws
Old 12-29-2022, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Some more eye candy to keep everyone warm. Stay safe out there everyone! These blocks were great fun deciding upon and finally getting to put them together!

A Christmas Cactus (#854 Quiltmakers Blocks magazine) for Sewbizgirl. Can you see the cactus flower? It almost looks like crab claws eating up Donald and friends.

Entwined Squares (another Quiltmaker Block pattern) for JayneW. I couldn't figure out how to get that tiny piece of green into the block in a way that looked good.

Hunter's Star for Cheesehead cause I really like the hunter's star block. I tried out a bunch of different fabrics and decided on the orange so it will really work with a fall quilt no matter what.

Native American Sis is a paper-pieced southwestern-themed block for Terriamn. She should look good with the southwestern blocks you've been collecting this boom.

And Lstew2212 gets a pinwheel variation. It started out as something else but I sized it wrong and had to take it apart. So I got creative framing the pinwheel. Such luscious soft pinks and greens!

Tomorrow will be my last drop of eye candy. The burst of creativity on the dining room table has gladded my heart. Thank you all for letting me work on blocks for you!
I love my blocks, Great fix, it's perfect
Old 12-29-2022, 04:25 AM

Merry Christmas all and Happy New year. We had a quiet Christmas, it was extremely cold. We stayed in and ate goodies. My sister is having health problems and we are praying it is nothing serious. Hope all is well.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

Lstew, hope your sister will recover.

Yesterday I came down with some sort of stomach virus and thought I was going to DIE. It was so awful. I have very low tolerance for sickness because I'm not often sick. But today seems like a better day! Now if our packages would just get moving again.... It was stupid of me to schedule the boom shipping right at Christmas... going to try and never do that again! Hope everyone is having a nice quiet time between holidays.

We are holding our breath on when my daughter will go into labor. Her C section is scheduled for mid-January, but none of us thinks she will hold out that long. I'll be back up to Memphis for a couple of weeks when she has the baby. This one is a boy and he looks exactly like his sister! Same face. They are going to be the cutest little brother and sister.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Good news! Our final two packages showed up today! So I will swap
the last blocks and start making shipping labels. You’ll have them in hand soon.
Old 12-30-2022, 04:25 AM

Happy news, SBG! I’m looking forward to getting my blocks back. I think I’m going to do a simple setting with sashings and maybe QAYG. Or maybe I’ll sew more blocks and make two smaller lap quilts. We’ll see.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Good news! Our final two packages showed up today! So I will swap
the last blocks and start making shipping labels. You’ll have them in hand soon.

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-30-2022 at 04:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:32 AM

Thank you Sewbiz. Leading the boom is a lot of work and you kept things running smoothly. I love how you kept the conversation going. I like your idea of not having the second boom end at Christmas time. You are appreciated.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

I love you all, too! The hardest part, for sure, was keeping up with the pictures. Janice warned me it was a PITA... but I think we need it for reference each time.

So... I'm looking forward to seeing the quilts. Can you believe we made nearly 500 blocks? Wow. How awesome that is.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:00 PM

Oh happy day! Excited to get pkgs.