Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What Are We Organizing Today 2023 >

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

What Are We Organizing Today 2023

Old 01-01-2023, 07:47 PM

Happy New Year!

I have been sorting through my 2” squares. They are in colors by solids, prints, and HSTs. Once I put them in small clear bags, I will start on the 2” strips. They will be divided by length vs color.

It is just easier for me to find what I need when I take the time to sort them. I don’t have a project in mind yet. 🙂

I also need to decide what I’m going to do with all of the flannel bits and pieces I have in tubs. That will be a long, drawn out process. 🙂.

Old 01-01-2023, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Trying photos one more time. Hope 2nd time is a charm. Thank you quiltsfor. Your written steps were very helpful!!
Love your craft room! Glad to help!
Old 01-02-2023, 06:17 AM

I also am participating in the Just Get it Done Quilt declutter challenge.

Is this a sign?

i am already two days behind as i am not home!!!
Old 01-02-2023, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post
Love your craft room! Glad to help!
Thank you so much. I find many hours of fun in there. Plus, I can watch the comings and goings of the neighborhood. lol
Old 01-02-2023, 07:32 AM

I wanted to report in for my progress today. I have taken two very full paper shopping bags of fabric to the thrift store for donation. It’s a small start but a good one. In addition to the fabric, I donated a plastic bag full of clothes I haven’t worn in a long time.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:38 AM

I started last summer organizing my scraps, any piece less than a FQ was cut into useable strips or squares. I found some 6 X 6 bins at Hobby Lobby and put my strips ( by size ) into each bin, and did the same with my squares. After starting to tame my scraps I went after my yardage and FQs. Whew ...... this is going to be a long term organizing project. Not seeing an end to this yet but it is already helping me to realize what I have to use. Hopefully, by following this Organizing thread and the Fabric Moratorium thread will keep me on track this year! Oh and my Hubby was so nice as to get me a gift certificate for some more Mini Bolts ...........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	111DC74B-7FCD-4124-9867-F12D1CDADAC2.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	642193  

Last edited by Sync; 01-02-2023 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-03-2023, 08:10 AM

Sync, Jenniepenny and Retiredteach09- y'all are off to a great start! I'm still contemplating where to begin once I get some free time. I noticed that Just get it done quilts mentioned squirrels and I can say that I fell for one at the end of December by agreeing to a put together a large project with a tight deadline. I should have waited for the the declutter challenge video to come out before agreeing. LOL.

Hoping to get past this momentary time drain by the end of next week. Then I should be able to devote some energy to decluttering.

Rob
Old 01-03-2023, 10:46 AM

I just checked out the Just Get It Done Challenge. I like it! This appeals to me very much. Will definitely be following along.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:35 AM

My sewing corner in my bedroom. Having trouble with the overflow. Need better organization
Old 01-07-2023, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
My sewing corner in my bedroom. Having trouble with the overflow. Need better organization

Welcome Dolphnygyrl, you've come to the right place. Could you post a photo, or describe what things are creating the overflow problem? I bet someone here has had a similar problem and can make some suggestions based on what has worked for them.

Rob