Boom 28 Holly

Old 01-02-2023, 11:41 AM

And a Happy New Year 2023 to you all Pumpkins and Holly!! Sewbiz girl, you did an absolute great job heading up this Boom Swap. I look forward to participating again in the future. My new "bionic" knee is still getting used to this old body so I can only sit for short periods of time. Hence, I have too much time to think about options and dream up new quilts rather than sew!! I needed to enlist the Pumpkins and Holly for help!!

Last edited by Duckling; 01-02-2023 at 11:47 AM. Reason: missed clarifying statement
Old 01-02-2023, 11:45 AM

Bibliostone, awesome quilt in progress using fabrics from the many Boom swaps! Brilliant idea!

Cheese
Old 01-02-2023, 11:57 AM

Hi Duckling. Color selection is not my strong suit but I will say I do not care for the yellow. I like the darker blue and possibly the green. I’m sure others will have suggestions too. Happy New Year!
Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
Boom 28 folks, I'd love your recommendations on what sashing to use. I have auditioned medium blue, solid yellow, royal blue, and dark green. My sister surprised me with a green suggestion. What do you experienced quilters suggest?
Old 01-02-2023, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Oh, that looks lovely, Duck! I think I like blue, especially since it's going to Ukraine.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
Boom 28 folks, I'd love your recommendations on what sashing to use. I have auditioned medium blue, solid yellow, royal blue, and dark green. My sister surprised me with a green suggestion. What do you experienced quilters suggest?
Remember dark colors recede, light colors come forward. The individual blocks are the star of this quilt. I would suggest the dark green or my second choice would be blue.
Old 01-03-2023, 06:39 AM

B stone love your pretties

Duckling I like the blue best
Old 01-03-2023, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Remember dark colors recede, light colors come forward. The individual blocks are the star of this quilt. I would suggest the dark green or my second choice would be blue.
I thought the same thing, I actually thought black to recede, second choice is blue. They look great, by the way. Hugs!!
Old 01-03-2023, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Daughter's water broke today so I am on my way back up to Memphis! Will post a pic when we see baby boy!
Old 01-03-2023, 09:15 AM

Hi Duckling! I am happy to hear your knee has you up and moving! Yay!!

I recommend black sashing with the blue as binding. The black will make the blocks jump out and the blue binding ties it all together but is far enough from the blocks not to limit the block jumps.

Yay for babies that are arriving!!! Here's to a safe and joyful delivery! Cheers Gramma Bonnie!
Old 01-03-2023, 09:25 AM

Happy New Year everyone! I wish you a healthy, happy and creative new year!
Bonnie, thank you so much for hosting the swap this time. You did a great job. I love doing these boom swaps but, unfortunately, I will not be able to continue doing them. I really had a struggle with my eyes this time. I did what I could but it was really frustrating. I will keep checking in to the future swaps to see how things are going. It has been wonderful swapping with everyone for the past 9 boom swaps. I will truly miss participating.
Bonnie, congratulations on the new grand baby. You have to let us know how it went and please post pictures!
Hugs to everyone!