Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770 >

I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770

I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770

Old 10-05-2018, 09:22 AM

Default rolling bag

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I don't know how big the machine is but some people have had good luck with a tool box on wheels that they found at Harbor Freight, if it isn't too big.

Watson

PS...maybe someone else will chime in because I can't find it on their website.
I bought the tool bag at Harbor Freight -- the rolling one (15h x 20w x 7+depth) plus a medium sized zippered tool bag. Just guessing, but I remember it being on sale for $29.00 for both bags. I use it for my Elna and it fits to perfection but you will want to check your machine size. When I take it to class I supplement my travel gear with a utilitarian carry-on suitcase (walmart $10) for my fabrics, patterns, BSK, etc.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 AM

Is it okay for the machine to lie on its side in a regular suitcase?
Old 08-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Harbor Freight here has the tool box on wheels but it isn't big enough for a large machine. I found a Tutto rolling tote at Goodwill. It was in with the luggage. Looked brand new. It rolls better then the tote that came with my machine.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewnottogether View Post
Is it okay for the machine to lie on its side in a regular suitcase?
The machine doesn't know the difference. As long as it's secure and doesn't bounce around it will be fine.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:56 AM

I have a Tutto xl rolling sewing machine case for my 820 Bernina. I hate it! The wheels have disintegrated and I can't find new ones. Tutto has stopped carrying replacement wheels. The covering over the wheels "rotted" away so all that's left is the core of the wheel. Also have to be careful of putting machine in and out of case, which for me is difficult because of the weight and size of the machine.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
I have a Tutto xl rolling sewing machine case for my 820 Bernina. I hate it! The wheels have disintegrated and I can't find new ones. Tutto has stopped carrying replacement wheels. The covering over the wheels "rotted" away so all that's left is the core of the wheel. Also have to be careful of putting machine in and out of case, which for me is difficult because of the weight and size of the machine.
Interesting . . . I have 2 Tutto cases and I haven't had any trouble with either one. I've had both for about 5 or 6 years and use them regularly (the small one more for my FW). The wheels on both are fine. I would like it if they had more padding. I'm getting ready to make a padding insert like my bag that came with my Bernina 475 has.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:52 AM

I bought a Bernina cart for my Bernina 590. I also bought the embroidery shoulder bag for the embroidery unit. Both have a lot of padding to cuddle around the machine. I was lucky and bought it during a 50% off sale which was still pricey! The embroidery case is made to secure to top of the machine rolling cart.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:34 AM

I had a Tutto for Bernina 830. Loaded it was too heavy to lift. I’d go with the beach cart with large wheels. Even if gravel isn’t an issue now, somewhere it will be.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Some have used rolling suitcases to carry their machines in. I don't typically take my good machine to a class. I take a small, inexpensive Brother that I got at Walmart. I have a small carry cover that I put on a trolly to move it and my "stuff" in and out of the classes. The exception is if it was an embroidery class, then I put the Big Brother in a large serger bag that I pad with fabric, thread and anything else I think I have to take.
Ditto. A lot of unnecessary vibration in a car isn’t good for any machine. And computers are too expensive in a Bernina. I have an inexpensive Brother, light weight for traveling. Cheap enough to, it’s disposable. When it breaks, I toss it and buy another
Old 01-25-2023, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Ditto. A lot of unnecessary vibration in a car isn’t good for any machine. And computers are too expensive in a Bernina. I have an inexpensive Brother, light weight for traveling. Cheap enough to, it’s disposable. When it breaks, I toss it and buy another
Totally agree with this. I always take the smallest, least featured sewing machine to a class that I can, which at the moment is my little Bernina "red machine" which is a 215 with a grand total of 10 different stitches, it does have a needle up and down. I used to have a Gem Gold but gave that to my nephew as he wanted a simple machine to mend with. Oh, and sometimes shops might have some rolling carts on sale on clearance. I got a really nice Pfaff one for my Viking years ago, I still have it and use it for whatever machine I take.