Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt In A Day and PBS >

Quilt In A Day and PBS

Quilt In A Day and PBS

Old 03-10-2023, 08:30 PM

Default Quilt In A Day and PBS

I used to always watch Quilt In A Day on Rocky Mountain PBS on Saturday mornings. As of February , Quilt In A Day is no longer even listed on their website. Do you know if Eleanor Burns has been dropped from all PBS programs? I realize I can watch her on You Tube, etc., but it makes me sad if she is no longer being recognized.
Old 03-11-2023, 04:11 AM

She has been gone a while off of my Florida PBS channel. I have caught a few of her videos on YouTube.
Old 03-11-2023, 05:26 AM

I learned to quilt watching Eleanor Burns on Sunday afternoon PBS. I learned lots of sewing techniques from Nancy Zieman also.
Then when HGTV started we had Alex Anderson and Carol Duvall.
Old 03-11-2023, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

I watch her on Youtube.
Old 03-11-2023, 05:49 AM

I don't know how well it will work but on https://www.quiltinaday.com/television/ says
If you are unable to get Quilt in a Day shows on your local PBS station click here to print out a form letter that you can complete and send to your station.
Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 03-11-2023, 06:22 AM

I have not been able to watch her on t.v. in years. There is only one quilt show on Saturdays with two ladies talking and talking. I could do with only one lady!
Old 03-11-2023, 06:44 AM
mkc

Have they possibly moved her show to Create - their OTA-only channel?
Old 03-11-2023, 06:59 AM

No, I checked Create and it is not listed as one of their sewing shows. https://createtv.com/artscrafts it opens with fewer and then click on "All Shows"

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 03-11-2023, 07:07 AM

Default Thank you

I appreciate all your comments and helpful information. Since Quilt In A Day was dropped by our PBS station, I don’t think I could personally get it back . I am sure the viewers have decreased , and like everything else, it isn’t worth the station’s money. I guess I was lucky that they kept it so long, since a lot of you haven’t gotten it for a while. I will start watching it on You Tube. Thank you again! I haven’t been on this forum for a very long time, and I have missed it! You ALL are so wonderful and a wealth of knowledge! I knew right away who to ask!
Old 03-11-2023, 07:39 AM

I assume all PBS stations have fund raisers like they do in my area. They show the shows, then ask for donations and usually have a "Gift" you can get if you donate so much money. It limits how much you can claim as a donation on your income taxes as they have to list the value of the gift on the donation form, they send you. I have gotten things like tickets to Celtic Women, Cookbooks with local recipes, and even a "quilt of Velour" kit when I donated during a quilting show. You also usually get a DVD of the program and things like that. So, they use the information to renew some of the shows as viewers have shown who which ones they want to continue on PBS. I do watch a fair amount on PBS.