Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
iron holder for end of ironing board >

iron holder for end of ironing board

iron holder for end of ironing board

Old 03-30-2023, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
off the end of the ironing board, yes. but this seems to be on the ironing boards, not purchasable separately. sigh.
Dang. I remember those and always like them. I've done several searches and it appears they are all built in the boards and not available separately. I might have to start looking at estate and garage sales and see if I can pick one up.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:04 PM

My ironing board has one of the built-in styles. I have NEVER used it, I hate it. It is designed so it has a large hole in the center, and the hole is slanted, so I think I'm supposed to put the iron face down at a 45 degree angle. But my iron will steam all the water out unless I turn the steam off, and that's the opposite of what I want to do. Such a pain!
Old 03-31-2023, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

Put a small toaster oven rack on the holder for the iron to stay horizontal. My holder slides under the board so easy to take off or on. it has been out so long that is seems to be built on but it does slide off with effort.

Wawak has a metal rubber coated iron rest for under $9 that will fit over the slant iron holder and be sturdy.

Last edited by Onebyone; 03-31-2023 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:13 AM

Is it a Polder iron rest you are looking for?
Old 03-31-2023, 05:25 AM

Seems you can only get it with the newer ironing boards. That's a shame. I still have mine and I'll never give it away now since I can't get another one. It's a life saver when pressing full widths of fabrics and you need the entire board to press on. I added a 2x4 covered plywood over my regular board to give me a more rectangle surface and I love it plus it's the same height as my cutting table so when I'm pressing large lengths of full width fabrics, I just move it near the table to lay the pressed fabric on instead of allowing it to drop behind the ironing board as my kitties think it's for their enjoyment to lay on afterwards plus the kitty hair.

Hope you're able to find one.
Old 03-31-2023, 06:39 AM

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I checked on Amazon and found this. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Rest-Pad.../dp/B07KXCF4ZW
Old 03-31-2023, 06:43 AM

Polder is probably the closest but i found it is in China. Not buying from them if possible. I figured out where to put my iron for now. it will work. I have a found metal shelving unit that did not have the top shelf. I had saved one longer shelf off the old unit I tossed out and sat it on the metal one. Now it's not attached but it is OK. I put my iron on it and just pulled my ironing board nearer to that and it works fine. For now at least. I am using a bedroom/office area for my sewing room. Not really made for this function but we do the best with what we can get!
Old 03-31-2023, 07:52 AM

Quiltwoman, I have one that I was sure I needed. It's been used a couple of times, but in the closet for years. I'll send it along to you if you send me a message with your mailing info.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:29 AM

yippee! thanks, it's sent.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:45 AM

How nice of you!