Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Jazz or Presto >

Baby Lock Jazz or Presto

Baby Lock Jazz or Presto

Old 05-20-2023, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I love my Juki! I have no clue about the BL, but I do like my Juki. I've had it for 5 years now and quilted a lot of quilts on it and it performs very well. Basic straight stitch machine but it does that job well. The feet are sturdy and not snap on which I like and the machine in general seems very sturdy and well built.
Basic strait stitch machine - does this mean it doesn't do zigzag?
Old 05-20-2023, 08:26 AM

I just purchased a Jazz II and I am having Tension problems, does anyone know how to overcome this issue?
Old 05-20-2023, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MeadowMist View Post
Basic strait stitch machine - does this mean it doesn't do zigzag?
No zig zag
Old 05-21-2023, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

A Brother PQ1500 is a straight stitch machine, high shank, big space for quilting. similar in shape to the Juki, less expensive, easy to maintain. I have two of them.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:42 PM

This past year I learned that the computer boards in electronic machines can fail. I'd ask how the seller how they treat that kind of problem and if it is covered in the warranty. They'll probably say something like "That rarely happens," or "We've never have had that problem."
Old 05-21-2023, 02:06 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by pennyhal2 View Post
This past year I learned that the computer boards in electronic machines can fail. I'd ask how the seller how they treat that kind of problem and if it is covered in the warranty. They'll probably say something like "That rarely happens," or "We've never have had that problem."
Berninas are especially prone to board failures. That said, yes, electronic boards (actually the components on them, particularly capacitors and especially electrolytic capacitors which are used for power circuits) have a finite lifespan. If a component fails, it depends on its purpose and place in the circuit whether there is "collateral damage" to other parts of the circuit board when it fails.