Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Organizing Your Recipes >

Organizing Your Recipes

Organizing Your Recipes

Old 06-28-2023, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

That is UNGREASED 13 by 9 inch pan.😂
Old 06-28-2023, 08:42 AM

That sounds really yummy. I generally don't keep chocolate chips unless I'm making cookies. I do have a great recipe for a chocolate frosting that I use when I make brownies. I bet this would work on top in place of the chocolate chips. What do you think?
Old 06-29-2023, 03:37 AM

Interesting topic! I use two 3-ring binders. One for sweet, one for savory. Each recipe is printed in Word and inserted into a page protector. (That way, they can be wiped off when splashed) I have taken pages from my cookbooks also. Lately, I've been moving the recipe that I am currently using to the front. That way, the more frequent ones move to the front.
New recipes are placed into pockets at front of binder. When "proven", they are assigned a sheet protector. I can change the recipe by writing on it, and they are backed up in a file on computer, in case someone wants a copy.

One Christmas, I collected several family favorites, like Aunt Mollie's rolls and MIL's apple pie, to create a family cookbook for 6-8 family members. I bought the binders during back to school days for nothing. Page protectors at Sam's. Added blank pages for their own personalization.
Old 06-29-2023, 04:02 AM

Sounds 😋 😋 . How many eggs ? Two eggs ? T Y
Old 06-29-2023, 06:23 AM

Years ago, my sister had some blank "Cook Books" made for us. The have the family name on the front. Then she proceeded to write down the family favorites in them. There were plenty of blank pages to add in more other recipes. This is the book I go to if I want to make one of the family favorites. I also have a couple of my mom's old cookbooks. One is just a loose-leaf notebook with pockets and dividers of different types. This cookbook is really a mess. It has recipes labeled "Aunt Dora's Ginger cookies" Edith's Spritz, Mrs. Peterson's raspberry rolls". I wouldn't try and organize this one for anything. Pages are out of place, handwritten recipes on cards and scraps of paper are tucked in the pockets. Too many memories attacked to it. One of my tasks when my mom decided it was time to back I got assigned was to get that book and locate the recipe she wanted. Mom had a unique filing system. For example, she would place all the tupperware containers in the big unused sugar bin built into the kitchen and the tops for the containers were stored on a shelve in the basement. When she needed both the top and the container, one of us kids would be given the task of locating the matching top for the container being used. I also have to confess, I use the "Favorite Recipes from Quilter's" CookBook" A lot. By Stoltzfus. Ok, these generally are not low cal or lowfat but generally taste really good. I also have handwritten recipes on cards from my grandmother. She seems to have been a bit more organized then my mom She only had two children, my mom had 4 maybe that is the reason.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by phatquilts2 View Post
Sounds 😋 😋 . How many eggs ? Two eggs ? T Y
Sorry… the recipes calls for 3 eggs in the bottom part
Old 06-29-2023, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

I am relisting the ingredient because I didn’t put the number of eggs in😱

1 cup peanut butter
6 TBSP. Butter, softened
1-1/4 c. Sugar
3 EGGS
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 c. Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
one 12 oz. Pkg. milk choc. chips ( divided)
Old 06-30-2023, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

I made the recipe today. The bottom turned out chewy which I love but my milk choc. chips are not hardening. Makes them messy to eat. I am putting them in the fridge to see if the choc. gets firmer without effecting the bottom.