Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2 7/8 inch folded binding >

2 7/8 inch folded binding

2 7/8 inch folded binding

Old 06-26-2023, 06:41 PM

I thought I had responded earlier. I went down and unfolded some of the 1/2" double wide bias tape I have. When folded all the way out to single layer it as just a little shy of two inches. I recently got some cutting mats that the grids were not correct. Are you using a metal or wooden ruler? Although most of the quilting rulers are correct. Very strange.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 06-27-2023, 11:10 AM

One thing I use, I'm disabled and have trouble cutting fabric when I'm not doing well, is jellyrolls. It's 2.5" and works well. Just buy the kona solids (bella has some too and jr rolls too which if you don't need it for more than one quilt might be an option) I always have white, snow, a grey and black on hand for when I can't cut. When I do cut I normally make them 2.5" but the last time I cut it to my ruler which is 3" and loved it! I've never really quilted much on a curved edge so I'm not sure which is easier to do. But I would just use the stuff they sent try it on something small to see how you like it. If not try the jellyrolls, you do have to sew the pieces together end to end and then iron them in half but it takes no time at all.
Old 06-30-2023, 09:16 AM

yes, the binding i got started cut at 2 7/8 inches, folded to 1 inch wide. Just too wide for me. I will try trimming it down a bit when ready or buying new. after this purchase at a store new to me, my credit card started getting odd amounts put on it. i ended up closing that card out completely. So all in all, this has not been fun. thanks all!
Old 07-01-2023, 04:08 AM

3” billion being works well for me. If you’re doing curves, then you should use bias binding. Much easier.
Old 07-01-2023, 06:43 AM

I decided to use the binding as it came after all. I do think it will work well enough and i'm only used to using single fold. So onward and upward!