Home deliveries

Old 07-28-2023, 03:44 PM

He, he. Amazon took a photo of a large crushed box on my porch one delivery. Luckily the computer keyboard I'd ordered was fine. the box looked like an Elephant had sat on it and they had the gaul to post that photo proudly!!
Old 07-28-2023, 06:44 PM

Thats a lazy delivery guy. That’s just wrong. I have 2 family members delivering & they wouldn’t think of doing that. I watched the driver leave my neighbors box in front of the garage door. 1) it’s maybe 10-12 more steps to leave it on the porch. 2). the homeowner can easily open the garage door and back out, crushing the box.
Old 07-29-2023, 03:36 AM

We have an electric gate at our entrance. There is a mailbox and a package receptacle (steel-shaped like a BBQ pit). Amazon driver proudly posted their picture of a package wedged into the gate. Ruined gate mechanism. They paid for new opener-no questions after I forwarded the driver's delivery picture! They are very careful with deliveries now.

Last edited by aashley333; 07-29-2023 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-29-2023, 03:52 AM

No complaints here, I'm just glad they show up. I was expecting a priority mail express delivery Monday. I have no clue where it decided to vacation until it finally showed up yesterday. Usually our packages are left by the front door, we normally only have Amazon packages that the post office delivers. The rest is UPS, the driver in our area is really good.
Old 07-29-2023, 04:10 PM

I imagine that the quality of delivery service depends on where you live and who the manager is for any given area. Lately, Fed Ex always immediately sends us an email with a photo showing where they left our delivery; the post office rings the door bell when they leave a package; and UPS usually makes all kinds of noise as he walks up the three steps to our porch. During covid, we did have one FedEx delivery of a case of canned goods that they tossed from the bottom of the steps to the center of the deck, damaging both the carton and some of the cans as well as leaving a big dent in the wood planks on the deck. I reported that delivery to both the shipper and fed ex and was reumbursed for the damages from both with no problems. I don't know about FedEx, but the poor UPS drivers are being constantly timed and they get reprimanded if they aren't fast enough, with no considerations made for long driveways or difficult delivery locations.
Old 07-30-2023, 04:45 AM

This last winter I got a delivery from UPS and I was so impressed. I have an 800 foot driveway and was just going to go out and plow when the UPS driver actually walked down my snow covered driveway to deliver the package, I met him half way and thanked him for being so conscientious and told him how much I appreciated him.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:02 AM

I just thought I would update, the weird deliveries seemed to have ceased. Odd but glad.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:16 AM

My guess is that it is a substitute driver or some such.

Our winter home is on the 2nd floor of a building, with stairs for our unit and another. The door to one of the downstairs units is just past the landing for the stairs.

One of the substitute UPS drivers would set packages right at the bottom of the stairs. Annoying for me if it was a large package; all of the regular drivers bring them upstairs and put outside of our door. But it's also a hazard for the others who either use the stairs or need to get past them to get to their doorway.

Overall, I've been very lucky, though, and really appreciate the folks who are doing a great job.
Old 08-18-2023, 05:28 AM

BonnieJP, I also have issues with FedEx. I'm lucky if they even get it to the porch. I'd asked them to deliver some very heavy shelving units (70#) next to the front garage which wasn't that far from the front porch but they barely got it teetering on the front porch and stairs both times. I had to pull out my little dollie and haul them back to the garage, one by one and I'm over 70, not that I'm a weakling but when you instruct them to do something, you expect it. And they wonder why I give them a "1 star" review. Only because I can't give them a "0 star" review.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

I got a code today from Amazon to give the driver. First time for that. But the package could be considered a weapon/dangerous? Maybe have a picture of it on the outside of the package? It is a crossbow. My husband said maybe because of the cost. I said my sewing machine was delivered without a code and it cost much more. He thought a minute and said What? LOL