Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Good night Irene >

Good night Irene

Good night Irene

Old 08-05-2023, 02:45 PM

That's a really sweet quilt & such a good way to use up scraps.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:28 AM

CJ this came out so pretty! I love your colors too. I finally finished the King size Goodnight Irene top for my daughter after working and stopping on it about 3 different times. She chose the fabric line and it’s lighter colors than I usually use. I’m undecided about quilting it myself or letting a friend, that quilts our QOV tops, quilt it. She offered because she knows I have trouble quilting with these sizes bc of my back and shoulder problems. She would do a programmed design. I can only do stippling or straight lines with a ruler. Mine is a sit down LA that I free motion on. No computer or programs but hers has the frame and can handle big sizes. This size would be to heavy to push and pull around so she just about has me talked into it. Most of her designs I have seen are stars or something patriotic but I do know she has a stipple or meander design but it’s bigger than I do. My stippling is closer together. …. Like how you’ve quilted yours but I won’t aslk her to ruler quilt mine. I know it’s easier for her to use a programmed design. Is yours for family or friend or other?
Old 08-08-2023, 12:29 PM

Thank you all
Toogie, I can do simple stipples or straight line
quilting with a walking foot. As this is small I did a simple cross hatch. It will be donated somewhere or I may keep it on hand as a baby quilt
Old 08-08-2023, 06:16 PM

Thank you for answering me. Regardless who it goes to, it's a pretty quilt and I really like your colors.