Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups Close July 31 at Midnight >

August Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups Close July 31 at Midnight

August Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups Close July 31 at Midnight

Old 08-15-2023, 02:12 PM

My package left today to someone north of me, which rarely happens! We’ve had frequent rain, but have not had that extreme heat this summer.

Gaijin
Old 08-16-2023, 04:16 PM

My package will probably go out Saturday - I've worked nonstop this week and then tomorrow night is my guild's annual "flea for all" where we all bring stuff we don't use anymore and you can pick up some neat treasures for a song. So hoping there is some stuff my pal will like.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Well on the last moment Hurricane Hilary past more East of us. We did still get a lot of rain but thankfully not as strong a wind gusts if it would have gone straight over us as was initially anticipated.

My secret pal package is going to a swapper, I have been with in other swaps before. She has a lot of changes going on in her life. I hope she likes the items I picked for her.
Old 08-22-2023, 01:17 PM

My package arrived over the weekend, but I only come home for 2 days a week. What an awesome gathering of goodies, I wish I could master the photo thing. Gaijin sent me 4 books that I haven't read yet, a terrific bundle of complexion fabrics and 4 Fall fat quarters. My dogs got a bag of Pumpkin Biscuits. Since they sort of eat everything in sight, I am sure they will love them! She sent me 4 patterns and a small kit, a case for needles with thread in them, finger protectors (how did she know?) Grip dots for my rulers and the cutest little Beetle needle threader with a light! Gaijin you went above and beyond!
I was thrilled to see you work in Binghamton. I am appointed as pastor of a church in Cortland!
Old 08-22-2023, 02:44 PM

RevPam,

So glad you liked your package! I’ve been to Cortland many times and here’s what I know about the town: the snow if often terrible there and I was told they have an awesome coffee cafe.
Old 08-23-2023, 07:16 AM

Default Awesome package from Goatmom... thank you.

Got a great package from Goatmom. Everything is prefect for me. Much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1692803725161.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	645189  
Old 08-23-2023, 08:41 AM

Next month has posted:
September Secret Pal Signups - Closes Aug 31 at midnight - Come join the fun!
Old 08-25-2023, 03:52 PM

Got an amazing package today from @Rebaquilts , my pal should be getting theirs soon as well. I waited a few days hoping the heat would break - it is so bad that my friend's lightswitches on the outside walls started to melt, so I was afraid anything in a package that wasn't in an air conditioned space in transit might too. @hav4boys , so sorry I forgot to message you, this heat has me fried. 103 with a heat index of 116, and this is the 6th similar day in a row. Supposed to hopefully storm tonight and break the heat.

Old 08-29-2023, 04:49 AM

Default August Secret Pal

Good Morning,
I received my package from RevPam yesterday. I received my requested fabric (green for a Christmas wreath) and surprise fabrics, all of which I can use. I collect sunflowers - she made a crochet sunflower magnet which is now on my refrigerator and a little appliqued wall hanging with birds and sunflowers, that will be going to the office to decorate a wall. She also included several quilt patterns, an apron pattern and sunflower patterns. My embroidery machine scans patterns so I'm going to try my hand using those for embroidery designs.

Thanks again Pam!

Hugs,
Jennifer
Goatmom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AUGSECRETPAL.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	645246  
Old 08-29-2023, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

I hope my secret pal received her package as I send it some time ago. I know the weather has been crazy and maybe it is taking the long way.