Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Need a new free sew-along?? >

Need a new free sew-along??

Need a new free sew-along??

Old 10-14-2023, 11:02 AM

NZ Quilter,

If you do design a twirling ribbons block, please post it. I’d love to make the twirling ribbons block! I have a copy of the original design, but not of the sketch of the twirling ribbons block.
Old 10-14-2023, 06:58 PM

I travelled to Europe this summer where I retraced my grandfathers final steps before he was transported to be killed at an extermination camp during the Holocaust.

The massacre in the south of Israel last week is personal to all Jews.

It is hard to find the words to describe how meaningful these expressions of support are to all of us.

Can’t wait to see the finished quilts, stitched with all that love and support.

XOX
Old 10-16-2023, 06:48 AM

The updated quilt design and instructions have been posted at a slightly different link although I believe the link I first posted still works:
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/st...sew-along.html

I did hand draw the ribbon block. In the next day or two I will put it in EQ8 -- will take me maybe a bit because I haven't upgraded to that yet. I think since the Stars are made as paper piecing, maybe the ribbon block is easiest that way too. I also think that since Bonnie isn't supporting the ribbon version of the project I shouldn't post it, I am however, happy to send the scan to email addresses (send me private message on board). Will be able to send as image (jpeg) or a EQ file once I have that ready.
Old 10-16-2023, 12:18 PM

I made up a couple of ribbon blocks this weekend. Overall it is super easy, breaking it down into a 9 patch. The hardest part for me was getting the wing on the long pointy triangles to be perfect. I figured it out that it's the left wing of the tri-recs ruler set... which I don't own. So I made cardboard templates and have it working for me! I don't have any fancy quilting software to make out any graphs, so thank you, Iceblossom!

​​​​
Old 10-30-2023, 05:50 AM

Here's the link to part 2, the "stars surrounding" block.

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2023...ng-part-2.html

Tomorrow is the release of color/yardage for this year's winter mystery quilt! I will be posting a thread for that as well. Typically it has gone into the Challenges and Contests subforum.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:08 AM

LOCE all her work and love to paperpiece! Thanks Bonnie!
Old 10-30-2023, 06:23 PM

This was the original design. Tons of movement. But once the swastika was pointed out, I can't unsee it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Original BH.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	646212  

Last edited by ibex94; 10-30-2023 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2023, 06:47 AM

Just mentioning that an end date for the free patterns/directions hasn't been set (yet) that I've seen but she has said will probably be taken down sometime in December.

Please post pictures if you are doing it! I am otherwise engaged but saved the directions.
Old 11-12-2023, 03:53 PM

I’ve completed the quilt top, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to post a pic 🤦‍♀️
Old 11-13-2023, 02:34 AM

Oooo! I want to see!! Here's a cut and paste I've done from another poster who needed help with pictures:

It takes some time to get used to posting pictures on this site. There are several help postings, here's one of them
Including Images and Attachments (as of 24 Jan 2020)

I also like OurWorkbench's directions, here's one copy:
Cracked antique sewing machine pedal

It took me like a year before I could post, for me it was that the file size from my old digital camera was too big... I have to reduce the file size and I use this site (no affiliations) although there are now subscription options, I've always used it for free
https://www.reduceimages.com/

The other thing to be aware of is the interface, a couple of years ago it changed formats and now the upload button is to the far right and you don't see it in the attachment window unless you stretch it out!