Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-15-2023, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Beautiful blocks, Sewbiz.

When I hand sew binding I use wonder clips and they work great for it. I don't mind hand sewing while I watch a game or movie. I may hand quilt my Kaffe Fassett seed packet quilt, maybe even big stitch. Haven't decided yet.

Here's the table runner I was b*$^&%*(# and moaning about ripping out all the FMQ from. I do like it now! It's for my middle son and his family. The fabric is Christmas Eve by Lella Boutique.
Beautiful Table runner, I love anything Christmas.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
My last two are for SewBiz and Libster
I had made some hexies to take with me on my recent trip and when I returned I had to make that beautiful fabric into a few hexie flowers.
Libster I wanted light and airy and hope it works well with the others.

The Hexie block is beautiful, I love hexie flowers. The block for Libster is great too.

Now to clean. So many pieces of paper and fabric and threads all over. Oh my!
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here are my first 4 for SBG, TG, Terri, and WMUTeach.
These are great blocks too.

Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
Glad to be sewing again. Yes, WMUTeach, it is rain rain rain so its fun to do things inside. I finished these two blocks and tomorrow I am off to the County Fair where they have a Quilt show. It will be a fun day out of the rain!
Duckling, these are fantastic blocks, I love the bear christmas fabric

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Here’s my Beauty and the Beast and Loki block….because I watched the entire Loki series and the movie 2 1/2 times, the block turned out beautifully, but it was a Beast to make. Just when I thought I was done, I realized I grabbed a counter clockwise foundation (thanks Loki) and had to rip apart the entire block because I was out of faces and I had to reuse the ones on the wrong foundation. Loki was playing with me, LOL. Hugs!
I love this gossip block.

Here is a Christmas wreath for Duckling and an appliqué block for Hav4boys. Logcabin82 inspired me. This is the block I took apart a few times and gave up, I took it apart a 4th time, fixed it (finally) and added the appliqué pieces. Hugs!
These are great blocks also. The Christmas wreath is good.

Here is my first baseball block. I ordered a little bit of baseball fabric and found a block to fit the motif. It’s called boy’s nonsense ironically in around the block again. Hugs all hope you are enjoying the fall weather!
Oops. Here it is.
Great block, I can't wait to see the baseball quilt. Travelinggramma, your friend will be super impressed and surprised.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:54 AM

Hello quilters!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. The sunshine is bringing cooler temps after the rain we had earlier in the week. The weather is driving me inside, giving me more quilting time. Well, that plus getting some outstanding projects completed.

Thank you all so-o-o much for the wonderful quilt blocks for my friend. They are so imaginative and fit the theme perfectly! He is back from the cancer center for a month or two. I hope to have the quilt finished before he has to go back for a bone marrow transplant (?) for 3 months around Christmas.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:06 AM

Smile For Annaquilts

These critter blocks are for Annaquilts. The original one is frogs and dragonflies. The bonus is strictly frogs. Both are O Susannah! blocks. I certainly hope your granddaughter will love them.

Thank you very much for the wonderful star block you made for me. What pattern is that?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Annaquilts-Dragonflies.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	458.3 KB
ID:	645939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Annaquilts-Frogs.png
Views:	14
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	645940  
Old 10-15-2023, 11:18 AM

Smile For Cheesehead

Thank you very much for the 2 blocks you made for the nautical quilt. Your sense of color is always spot-on. The blues look like stormy skies, and my friend certainly has some rough times ahead.

I may have gotten two baggies from you,,, Anyway, these two blocks came from one baggie. I hope you like them. The red on white fabric in the patience block reminds me of yarn balls. The second block represents kitties on a rail fence.

Name:	Cheesehead-Patience Cats.png
Views:	16
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	645941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cheesehead-Rail Fence.png
Views:	8
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	645942  
Old 10-15-2023, 11:50 AM

Thank you All 2 Pieces for the beautiful kitty blocks!

Cheese
Old 10-15-2023, 11:55 AM

Smile For Duckling

Thank you so much for my block! That's a great story behind it. My friend will love it. I have often thought of creating a quilt with the nautical flags. Maybe one day I'll use some on a panel quilt as the border.

Attached is a "Jack in the Corner" block for your quilt. Anything I tested with stripes or spirals didn't workout. I hope you like it.

Cheers!

Name:	Duckling-Jackinthe Corner.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	645944  
Old 10-15-2023, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
Glad to be sewing again. Yes, WMUTeach, it is rain rain rain so its fun to do things inside. I finished these two blocks and tomorrow I am off to the County Fair where they have a Quilt show. It will be a fun day out of the rain!

Love both of your blocks Ducling

Here’s my Beauty and the Beast and Loki block….because I watched the entire Loki series and the movie 2 1/2 times, the block turned out beautifully, but it was a Beast to make. Just when I thought I was done, I realized I grabbed a counter clockwise foundation (thanks Loki) and had to rip apart the entire block because I was out of faces and I had to reuse the ones on the wrong foundation. Loki was playing with me, LOL. Hugs!
What a great gossip block Reba

Here is a Christmas wreath for Duckling and an appliqué block for Hav4boys. Logcabin82 inspired me. This is the block I took apart a few times and gave up, I took it apart a 4th time, fixed it (finally) and added the appliqué pieces. Hugs!
A couple more terrific blocks Reba

Here is my first baseball block. I ordered a little bit of baseball fabric and found a block to fit the motif. It’s called boy’s nonsense ironically in around the block again. Hugs all hope you are enjoying the fall weather!
Both your baseballs blocks are super

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
These critter blocks are for Annaquilts. The original one is frogs and dragonflies. The bonus is strictly frogs. Both are O Susannah! blocks. I certainly hope your granddaughter will love them.

great critter blocks for Anna

I may have gotten two baggies from you,,, Anyway, these two blocks came from one baggie. I hope you like them. The red on white fabric in the patience block reminds me of yarn balls. The second block represents kitties on a rail fence.
Fun kitty blocks and lovely Jack in the corner block

Last edited by terriamn; 10-15-2023 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 01:33 PM

Default On a roll…

Got 2 more done, one for Sewbiz and one for Terriamn, the block is called another star from Judy Hopkins book around the block again. I had to find one with the right size squares to highlight the mums in Terri’s fabric, and I managed to fussy cut a bird for Sewbiz, but it’s the fabric pull I love best. All2piecss, just love your fabric for Annaquilts, the blocks are so soft and pretty. Hugs!

Name:	IMG_6571.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	645946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6572.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	645947  
Old 10-15-2023, 02:51 PM

Here is a block for Lstew.