Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 11-05-2023, 12:23 PM

Yesterday (Saturday), I spent the day dicing and slicing and making log cabin variations to audition. I finished what I intended to do and sewed it all back together in the requested "flavor" of the project. It's hard not to show anyone except westernwilson. I know it's only the 5th, but we have to so much coming up for the holidays, I don't dare procrastinate a minute or I'll be playing catch-up before I know it (my usual).
Plix, if you're ready/willing, I'll mail it out or hold off - your choice.
Happy Quilting!
Old 11-05-2023, 01:28 PM

Wow Joyce
You, my dear, are an overachiever!!

Absolutely send it on.
I love having the extra time to ruminate

Ibex, I almost always draw things out first.
I had a drawing on the table several weeks ago - that I didn't use - for my starter block, and with minimal changes, I was able to adapt it to this challenge.
Fortunate for me. So I'm nearly done with it.

Funny story
I had several blocks done and took them out to the family room to show them off and get input from the peanut gallery there.
When I got back to the sewing machine....the log cabin block was missing.
aaargh
I spent several hours looking for it, but it just disappeared. Gone.
So I sucked it up and just made a new one.
Then I found the first one.
On the floor...on edge believe it or not... leaning on my sewing table leg.
hah
I couldn't have done that on purpose if I had to.
Having a great weekend here!
Old 11-05-2023, 03:31 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Okay so I will do six quilt labels and send them along with this months block. Real names , board names and turtles 🐢. That should work out if everyone takes one when they get Plix’s quilt.

Only catch is that you send nothing along Ibex. I’m doing it because I can, don’t think it’s a big deal and I truly don’t need anything in return. Consider it a thank you for joining me in this adventure!

Dinner was a success, Patriots loss, again. Tomorrow and Thursday I have my sewing for a cause gigs. It’s a good thing that I don’t work for real! Know what I’m going to do or at least want to do. Let’s just see if I can execute this brainstorm
😬. Have a great upcoming week ladies 😘. I am going to try to post a picture of the quilt I am finishing up for my mother-in-law’s 90th birthday. Only have the binding left!!! So glad to be done.
Old 11-06-2023, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
Just a quick note: when sending me your progress pictures, please label the images with the name of the person who made the original block in what you worked on, and the "round" that the picture represents.

So for the first round, the starter block is labelled, for instance, "YiaYa - 1". When Shawnee (who gets Yiaya's work) is finished with her month 2 additions, the photo of the work she has done will be labelled "Yiaya - 2".

Does that make sense?
I am posting this again as you are all about to send me your photos of the work you did on the starting block sent you.

It saves me buckets of time if you rename your photos before you send them to me.

Just saw the first round 2 block...wowza!! The big reveal at the end is going to be tons o fun.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:03 AM

Thank you Yiayia. That is so generous of you!
WW, thank you too. I really appreciate what you are doing for us!
Old 11-06-2023, 08:57 PM

I bought a design today for the labels. Was having trouble finding a tiny turtle 😂. Should be here in plenty of time.

Janet,
thank you so much for helping us. Clear a day on what you need us to do.
Old 11-11-2023, 01:48 PM

These last few days there has been a local shop hop going on. I went around to see what was out there and found a great fabric for the back of the quilt you all are making for me.

Not nearly enough turtles out there in the fabric world where I'm at!!

I did get some great ideas for how I'm going to do my add ons. Tomorrow I get to play! It is almost time to mail our treasures. Is everyone ready? I know c joyce is ready to ship. Please don't forget to send the tracking number to me everyone.

Yiaya -- can't wait to see the labels with the turtles! I am definitely a Hertle at this point in the month without my finished add ons to take pictures of.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:59 AM

Not ready to pass just yet
Almost though
I've spent a lot of time trying to work out design elements before I cut...
and I've dilly dallied

haven't considered a back yet...
Old 11-12-2023, 11:55 AM

Unlike typical round robins, we don't get to share what's going on...we don't even know what the theme of the next piece coming our way will be. No advance planning, no auditioning colors, fabric, blocks...we don't even know the next challenge that Ricky is going to throw into the mix. Talk about working blind!
But, isn't it exciting?
Happy Quilting to everyone.
Old 11-12-2023, 02:44 PM

Yeah, dilly dallying that’s what I have been doing. Tomorrow I start for real. I’m certain that I’ll pass it in time. Hubby is going north next weekend, if I can get the fabric dyed this week I should be able to be done with time to spare 😂