Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Patent patterns >

Patent patterns

Patent patterns

Old 12-02-2023, 11:56 AM

My current log cabin quilts are improvisational.

yes, I do follow patterns. Usually to be busy, with minimal thinking. Before you jump on me…… I’ve not arrived at perfection. I’m not God. I’m a work in progress. I still need grace and mercy.

The letter of the law was never my intent of this thread. In fact I try to avoid the “letter of the law”. My intent is conscious.

Last edited by petthefabric; 12-02-2023 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2023, 05:39 PM

In the garment sewing space, I’ve seen many small pattern makers write that items made from their patterns may not be shared on social media or sold either without attribution or at all.

I’ll leave it to greater minds than mine to opine on whether or not that’s legally enforceable, but I think it’s not nice to do those things if you knew when you bought the pattern that that’s what the designer wanted.

There is a quilt designer who makes YouTube videos of her quilt assembly that makes it quite easy to figure out on your own how to make the blocks, including measurements. But she asks you to go to her website and buy the download, coz she needs to make a living. I think that’s fair.