Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Concept to Bleck ;) >

Concept to Bleck ;)

Concept to Bleck ;)

Old 01-30-2024, 10:13 AM

My current disappointment is the Saturday Sampler I am in the process of quilting. First off, not a real fan of Samplers. Second the background fabric I chose to use (because it matched the blocks and I did not want to buy fabric for a quilt I already wasn't a fan of) is a older floral print. Now reason three is I am trying to quilt it in an allover motif and am not sure it's going to look good. I guess I will just press on and hope for the best. Will post a picture when I get it finished. BTW, I personally like your quilt. Someone else will too
Old 01-30-2024, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

3.5 inch finished?.? Yowza!

What do you use for seam allowances on those tiny blocks? And which way do you press them??

I do like it better in blues.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:45 AM

While not colors I am normally drawn to, I find this quilt to be quite stunning actually.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

When I clicked it I thought you put the wrong picture in. I think it is stunning. I usually go for the Kaffe Fasset type of quilts but yours looks very beautiful to me.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:03 AM

KalamaQuilts...you may not be digging for compliments, but I'm giving you a BIG ONE!! I love it!!! I love the colors, I love the look of the quilt, it is just beautiful!! Don't you dare hide it on the back of something never to be seen! You've put a lot of work into this quilt and I see nothing to hide about it. I think you did a wonderful job and as I said, I do love the look and color of it...I REALLY DO!
Old 01-31-2024, 06:05 AM

I like your quilt! The colors are great. Even though blue is my favorite color, I really like the tans.
My disappointment was the only quilt pattern that I ever purchased. It was a square in a square. And an early photo quilt that had way too much negative space.(no pic) Also, my JR quilt was disappointing. I don't think I made it correctly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	square striped quilt done.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	469.8 KB
ID:	647332   Click image for larger version

Name:	learning curve3.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	647333  
Old 01-31-2024, 08:11 AM

Well, all my quilts regardless of size are double sided and the biggest part of this one probably being a 'behinder' is my eyesight is failing. This year I've been making new quilts to hang on our loft rail above the living room. This one I can barely make out The oranges, reds, and greens are quite vibrant in the fabric, but when you get down to 1/4" and 1/2" wide pieces something gets lost in the translation I guess. The sashing on this one is cut at 1" to fit the scale of the blocks. Don't hate it, was just disappointed.

I've probably never met a quilt I didn't like, of all kinds

Old 01-31-2024, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I wouldn't call it a failure at all, and I like earth tones. And it always amazes me how a quilt can become even more beautiful once it's quilted. That said, I wonder how it would have looked with black sashing. More dramatic?
I was thinking a darker sashing, too. I mostly make my own patterns and have produced a fair amount of duds as a result. But my policy with bad quilts is to either take them apart and redo them or cut them up into gift bags so I don't have a lot of pictures. Here's two that I've got still laying around-

Don't know why I didn't think to put a boarder on this when I made it because it really needs one.

Originally a Christmas pattern, it was supposed to have BELIEVE appliqued on the black stripe but I never got around to it. It's been disassembled and is in the process of being tuned into a different quilt alltogether.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:25 AM

Polkweed, I personally don't think the hashtag quilt needs a border. I love it as is!
Old 02-01-2024, 04:44 AM

Another vote for I really like it!!

Whether garment or quilt sewing, and all the other crafts I dabble in, I always hate my projects when I finish them. Then I put them away and don’t look at them for several weeks/months. When I take them out again, I’m often surprised at how much I now like them. Instead of seeing all the little bits of work, I’m able to see the project as a whole, as it’s usually not as bad as I thought it was.

Maybe try that?