Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024

Old 02-18-2024, 04:48 AM

Thanks, all, for the encouraging comments. Ya'll's projects are amazing. Sync, all those pieces-love it! Quilta Mama, love the rug and the cute model!
I stitched up segments for 3 or 4 blocks and pinned them together in the evening when we watched tv together. After coffee, I have lots of stitching and, hopefully, another row of blocks!
Old 02-18-2024, 07:34 AM

That jewel box star is amazing, Sync!

So far, I've managed to get two WIPs put away. My next task is to figure out why my Sweet Sixteen is on the fritz. Hopefully I can fix it myself- I've got a backlog of tops needing to be quilted!

Rob
Old 02-18-2024, 07:48 AM

Sync, really like those blocks.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:24 AM

Found 3 blocks left from another project. Put them together with larger squares to make a doll quilt. Nothing fancy at all. Just trying to empty some scrap boxes
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1877.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	647542  
Old 02-18-2024, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
SYNC.....love the blocks you have made and are laying on the little table. But I googled both patterns you mentioned and they are neither one of those. Can you share the pattern name with me....I have so many strips and blocks already cut and stored away that this pattern would be perfect for. Please?
Here is the link to Bonnie’s blog free pattern to the leader/ender
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2023...ge-oopsie.html
Old 02-18-2024, 09:00 AM

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to post pictures, it is very inspiring!
Old 02-18-2024, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
Found 3 blocks left from another project. Put them together with larger squares to make a doll quilt. Nothing fancy at all. Just trying to empty some scrap boxes
It's amazing what you find when cleaning out boxes and bins. Love the pictures!!

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
We had a good day at our virtual sew-in; there were eleven of us on zoom. I worked on some wool applique projects. Afterwards I tried to find a specific project in my sewing room for our upcoming retreat. Another quilter has the same pattern and she thought it would be nice if we worked on it together. Now I just have to find the applique pieces--I remember seeing them in December or January when I was cleaning. I wasn't planning to work on them for a while so I set them aside someplace safe
Keep looking you will find it eventually, it's fun to see the same pattern in different color ways, and how it changes the look of the end quilt.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I am happy as a clam, singing like a lark and pleased as punch. The butterfly baby quilt binding is on and waiting for its label.

I needed to get up and stretch so I went digging in my stash for a possible back for my Checkerboard Chain quilt and ta-da! I found a piece of very soft turquoise that will be just big enough. Will likely do a white binding.

Then.... I looked a little deeper in that bin of turquoise and I found a four yard cut of turquoise and very light blue batik that will work for my Pladdish quilt! Whoo Hoo! What a day! I went shopping and never left my house.
Lots of time and money saved shopping your stash!!! Think about the space you just reclaimed. Can you come to my house? I've wasted over an hour looking for something that I know is somewhere here!

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
Spent my morning running some errands and doing a bit a packing for our upcoming trip. I did get in some sewing time ...... I finally put the last row on my Jewel Box Star, finished 2 more blocks for my Indigo Way and added blocks to my leader-ender project. Tomorrow I'll work on making binding for the Jewel Box Star top, baste some more hexies so I'll have some EPP to do while we travel, and try to get a couple more Indigo Way blocks done.
Sync awesome progress.

I decided on the ribbon effect so since I wasted time trying to find my Iron cleaner I'm going to square up the blocks and attach the border. Also will take a walk this afternoon since the sunshine looks so nice.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:58 PM

I have mostly finished the Quiltober project from the Nine Patch a Day group, now that I have it on the carpet, I think I will add quilting in the ditch between the blocks and border as well, and will hand stitch down the binding later.

Name:	IMG_2340.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	647543  
Old 02-18-2024, 02:25 PM

Sunday afternoon Photos - Checkerboard Chain (Lori Holt pattern) Yes, indeed there is an error on the lower right. Glad I found it now so I can correct it. Three cheers for taking photo that can reveal those oops blocks! The second quilt is for a little girl, about three months of age now. My DIL asked for a quilt for this little one, so Of course I went for it. Yes, I found an error in this one too, but it way to late to make the correction. This one just needs its label.,

Good weekend. With just a few more hours to go. Let's see what I can do with my time this later afternoon and evening.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:45 PM

Lots of progress on the Vintage Checkerboard Quilt. Got all my first cuts done and connecting all the 2.5 by WOF strips. Got some of the final cutting done.

Name:	IMG_20240218_145034520.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	647544   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240218_154518569.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1,000.5 KB
ID:	647545