Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Blue Bird filmsy >

Blue Bird filmsy

Blue Bird filmsy

Old 03-25-2024, 12:50 AM

Default Blue Bird filmsy

I have turned my sewing room into a future main level bedroom should we ever be unable to climb steps to the second floor for any reason. In return I have made our three season sunporch into my sewing/quilting room. You won't believe all the UFO's that were found. This is one was found in one of those compression air tight bags that you have to use a vaccumn hose with, still in perfect condition. It had been packed away with all the extra material for additional borders and bindings when I moved from Missouri to Iowa. I'm no longer in love with the quilt and we all know how it is to work on a project we no longer like. Should I offer it for sale as is, or have it quilted and then sell it off? It will be a big queen when completed. Suggestions please.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2915.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	648149   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2916.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	648150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2917.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	648151  
Old 03-25-2024, 02:43 AM

Our local antique store would buy that from you "as is". Having it quilted would only add to the expense of it all. I'd sell it, including the fabrics you have intended for its completion.
There is a possibility though that once it is finished, quilted and all, you might fall in love with it again!
Old 03-25-2024, 06:55 PM

I've had better luck selling unfinished projects or blocks that haven't been sewn together yet.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:21 PM

I've seen a LOT of unquilted tops successfully sell on both eBay and FB Marketplace. Finished quilts don't seem to sell as well.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:21 AM

WOW!!! Beautiful
I would think about finishing it, and finding an organization nearby (Cancer Center, VA etc) that could raffle off and support a valuable group of people
Old 04-04-2024, 07:03 PM

I think that is gorgeous! But I have a few quilts that remained unfinished, some I do also have a few unfinished quilts.