Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas for a baby quilt >

Ideas for a baby quilt

Ideas for a baby quilt

Old 04-09-2024, 02:29 PM

I made this using a panel and added some borders. Quilted super quick on my DSM.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5099.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	547.6 KB
ID:	648297  
Old 04-10-2024, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by michelem View Post
Lots of great ideas. I’ve made rag quilts with kid’s flannel…..go together quickly. Given them to some new moms who liked to use them in the car to drape over the baby after strapping in. guess they aren’t suppose to keep them in coats anymore.
Oh children are still supposed to be in coats, but with the need to have little ones snugly strapped into protective car seats, parents have eliminated coats/jackets until the baby is older and can be in a larger car seat. All about safety, so tossing a warm blanket over the child while in the car or going from car to building is the norm now. Changing times.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:15 AM

Default playing tag baby quilt

The pattern is called playing tag from allpeoplequilt.com . You can use charms to speed up the process.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7880.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	648318  
Old 04-12-2024, 09:52 AM

I made this quilt for my soon to arrive granddaughter. It's a pattern called Color Therapy and you can find it at the Annie's digital website.

Last edited by Christine-; 04-12-2024 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:02 PM

Sorry! I didn't read far enough. I see you want quilts for a boy.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM

I purchase a layer cake or charm packs in character fabrics. and simply sew the squares together. There are several with animals, alphabets or bright colors. Seems lately if I ask what colors the nursery is, I hear gray and yellow. Nope. I make the quilt large enough to use on the floor for when the baby wants to practice pushing up and rolling over. It's great to have a clean spot for that.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
I know I’m a broken record, but this has become my go-to pattern for baby quilts. It looks great, goes together fast, and is a perfect size for a baby. As far as colors, red, white, and blue is always good, especially for boys. You could go monochromatic with blue or green, or you could pick a cute backing fabric and pull a couple of colors from it to make your top.

https://youtu.be/2-tA9yrJ9LE?si=eNk4P9R28nBBMV8G
I love your pink around the world! I am working on a large around the world now... and that pink is now calling my name ha ha Thanks for sharing