Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2024

Old 04-21-2024, 09:53 AM

Ice Blossom, you were right about the sunglasses. Love it!
Old 04-21-2024, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Good morning all! Checking on everyone's progress while sipping coffee. My sewing has taken a backseat this week, and I really miss it. Enrolling Mom in hospice care has taken most of my time this week. I set up a machine in her room, but not ready to use yet. I'm taking pixel quilt strips to pin together while we visit today.
I did get the stencil that I created cut out with the exacto knife this week. I plan to quilt my nautilus shell pixel quilt with this large scale loopy meander.
Aashley Nice creation of a one of a kind template. Also love the piece of glass you used to cut on. Do you do stained glass???
Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Spent a couple hours hand quilting yesterday with the guild zoom, but have managed 4 rows of machine stitching on my Merry Mayhem mystery so far.
Thinblebug - are you using netting to mark the stitching lines?

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Is fun seeing and hearing about what the rest of you are doing. I'm down to making my last 3 blocks. Final version will be 5x7 blocks. Picture 2 shows the border fabric and the calmer green back.
I agree that one does need sunglasses!!

Christine - That will be awesome once done.

Back from Wisconsin, DH is off with the youth group from church to pick up trash. Third load of laundry in about to go in, I have 4 quilts from church to stitch the backing down, so will start pining them and decide what color thread to use.
Old 04-21-2024, 02:50 PM

Christine, that is an impressive looking quilt!

Well, part of yesterday and today have been without internet. The phone seems to work fine but the internet download speed is terribly slow. Anything with graphics is painful! I did manage to get rows sewn for a top yesterday, hope to assemble the top tomorrow. Today after church was the koin keeper class. It was a simple wallet which I suspect may become christmas presents for people. I think I'm going to head upstairs and listen to music after I pill a cat (always fun!!). I need to decompress after listening to someone complain about the internet all weekend

Thanks for quilting with me--looks like many of you were much more productive than I was but I'm happy I got a few things done.
Old 04-21-2024, 02:54 PM

Dedemac, I traced my design onto Golden Threads quilting paper, once I stitch through it, it gets ripped away.
Old 04-21-2024, 02:57 PM

I did get pretty far. All blocks are made and sashing is cut. Ready to put it all together but I need a break. Guess I need to check my stash to see if I have anything that will work for backing
Old 04-21-2024, 03:04 PM

I got sidetracked! I took a break from my pinwheels to play around with Electric Quilt 8 and never returned. LOL I bought EQ8 a week ago and am learning how to use it. I decided I wanted to make a wall hanging for my first quilt. Using tutorials on the EQ8 blog I came up with this! I've already bought the fabric I need to make it!

Old 04-21-2024, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Dedemac, I traced my design onto Golden Threads quilting paper, once I stitch through it, it gets ripped away.
Thanks quilting with paper got it! Haven't tried that yet. I did find that I liked the Ultra-Clean Washable crayola markers for marking my quilt designs. Quick spray and into the wash so far no marks have remained.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:31 PM

Default View from My Throne

Plan to hang this to decorate wall and give interest…… where? One difference in Florida has been the ants.

img_0246.jpeg
not finished. Definitely can see light.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:39 PM

Pet, your project made me laugh! Thanks for the giggle.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:14 AM

I finished Installment 3 of my Kim Diehl project. Whew! I had one block that finished a full half inch too short on an applique block. I have no idea what I did to have that happen. I must have cut something wrong. Figured out a fix and unless you know the original pattern, I don't think it will be noticeable. Installment 4 - coming up!