The Newbie: LUCKY LUCY

Old 03-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Oh she is pretty! When she sees that you are a gentle person with her babies, she will come around and trust you.

I can't blame her for being scared.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM

So glad she was found by you--so pretty, and happy now because of you!! JJ
Old 03-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Banned

She looks very contented in the pic . So glad you could take her . Maybe somebody should sneak up behind those 2 and scare them , see how they like it ! That's mean . I can't stand anyone who mistreats animals ! Annie
Old 03-29-2010, 06:15 PM

I wished I lived closer! We are wanting to get a new kitten! We lost one a year ago but I am unsure how the one we still have would react! She is already kind of nervous and it was her brother we lost. I am looking at the shelter site every week to find that special animal again! You are a very kind and loving person to take her in! She is blessed and so are you!!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

Awww she is adorable, I can't wait to see her kittens :D:D:D
Old 03-29-2010, 09:06 PM

What a beautiful kitty. I hope that you are able to find loving homes for all the pretty babies that will be coming.

I feel that any one who abuses animals should have the worst things done to them!!!! Anyone who abuses animals is, IMO the lowest form of life in the universe. No one probably wants to know my opinion of what I think should have been done to Michael Vick for his role in the abuse of all those dogs!!!! Trust me to say that I would have been accused of being vile and abusive!!! IMO...he would have deserved every bit of it and more!!!

Last summer I rescued a 4 yo pom from some people who beat him or kicked him every time he barked. So a dog barks...train him and deal with it. Since we have had him...he barks when we come home or when he sees a cat....but not constantly so he is trainable.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 AM

Thank you everyone, no babies today yet but I had a laugh at reading the 'someone should scare them' line. I wrote two good friends. Both are super gentle people, the kind who never swear are always thoughtful and quiet.. and got two emails back to back. The first suggested someone should pull a gun and shoot just up over their shoulder. Scare the hell out of them and see how much they like it and the other gentle woman (in her late 70's) said she thinks it would be "funny" to accidently TASER the man. So I guess idiots inspire strong emotions when it comes to the helpless critters. I thought I was the only one. She whacked my hand last night something on tv scared her as she was laying there enjoying a petting (purring) and wham, right in the old vein owww that didnt feel great. I didnt yell at her I simply said no and she glared at me but now I know to watch her when I pet her. She comes for pets all the time but usually gets upset halfway through and slaps you no nails. Not so lucky this round. I think we have a bit of a patience on my part thing .. she is only here a week. A year plus of abuse.. cant fix that in one week. Sigh.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

It will take lots of patience and time for her to get over the abuse, if ever,some never forget. Dealing with her quietly is the best way to handle her.
Good luck to all of you. I have very strong feelings how animal abusers should be dealt with. Even stronger feelings how abusers to babies, kids and anyone who can't defend themselves, should be dealt with. I won't go into details just leave saying, I hope there is a special place for them.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:46 AM

Her 3rd litter in a year and a half. Her human wasn't very responsible was he? Like it's the cats fault she hadn't been spay? Well the Kitty Fairy made sure she didn't stay there and brought her to her best place. Thank you for caring so much.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:51 AM

What a sweet face! Thank you for giving her a loving home - and for taking care of the babies too. Been there done that. It helps to find a vet that will give you a quantity discount. :thumbup: :lol: