Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Upset!! >

I'm Upset!!

I'm Upset!!

Old 04-03-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I love Marie Osmond. She didn't fire Kaye, Janome did. Marie sews and has her own line of beautiful quilting fabric. All of you have seemed so nice until you talk about Marie. Shame on you.
Discussion does not always mean agreement. If we all agreed on everything already, what in the world would we talk about! It is a given that what one person likes, another might very well have a different take on.
But that just makes this kind of forum such a treat and such a blessing for everyone of us, to be able to commune with so many of our quilting brothers and sisters of whatever age all over the globe, who see things in so many different ways.
So what if someone else does not share my opinion. I am enriched every day by the opinions and discussions on this site. I look forward to more!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM

Why stop at the fingernails, How about the fingers? Done that a time or too. Can't comment on the other as have not seen any of the ads with woods or osmond. Company's have their reasons - not always the ones we want or always the right ones.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:52 PM

I buy something because someone I know personally has recommended it...but I sure would love to get paid to endorse stuff I like.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:58 PM

I feel sorry for Marie losing her son recently you should stop and think before gossiping.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Heck No,I was on a recent cruise , A girl that was on the cruise as a paying student was much more help than all of the teachers on board, Several of us got to tell our views of her after the cruise when we were asked our opinion, Guess what??? she is going as a teacher on the next cruise in May, Voice your opinion to Janhome
Old 04-03-2010, 04:46 PM

I have an old singer , shuttle bobbin, sews forward only , dome top cover, I will not part with it , I also have a new 830 bernina and yes it did cost $10,000.00 I have made shopping bags,purses, a kingsize quilt pieced and quilted it ,did some embroidery on a quilt bag also does beautifullace, the space under the arm is huge I did not have a hard time quilting ths large quilt, it will do much more than I have already done on it , only had it for several months now, I am highly impressed with this machine , it has a lot of feature s that are good when you are 75 and getting arthiritis in my fingers :thumbup:
Old 04-03-2010, 05:10 PM

Hi I own 3 Janome machine's and I too don't buy the machines because of a celib at any time . I love my machine's and that is a pitty that they dropped Kaye woods I love Kaye and go to her site a lot to learn different things .I don't care about Marie Osmonds stuff at all . I like the old way to do things .I do go to the Janome site allot and go round with out Marie stuff . that is so sad we all should send Janome a e-mail and tell them shame on them Kaye wood has been around longer and is smarter and Little Marie Osmond is not they just want to attract younger women thats why.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I'm going to play devils advocate here. Do you think it might be because Janome is trying to reach a further audience than just quilters? I know Marie is well known for her dolls and the costumes they wear. Don't know if she actually makes them or not, but that could be a whole new area for Janome. I'm not an expert on any of this by any means!!!! I also don't buy something just because a celebrity endorses it, but I will often give something a second look if I am familiar with the celebrity's "style" of things and I have liked them in the past. For example, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Paula Dean, ect (sticking with the household stuff). I actually have no idea who Kaye Woods is! Just a thought.
ok, here is the way I look at it.
Marie does quilt. Her mother, Olive taught her all kinds of craft, sewing, quilting stuff and Marie excels at it.
Kaye Wood is fantastic and unique.
I don't choose, between them.
It is Janome that bumped Kaye, not Marie.
naughty Janome ppl! tsk! tsk!
I have two Janomes.
I don't buy bc of who promotes something. I buy from trusted sources, I also don't reject bc of whose promoting either. JMHO
hugs, all :D
Old 04-03-2010, 05:24 PM

I dont know marie so I cant give any input.I do like PHAFF
Old 04-03-2010, 05:53 PM

Marie Osmond does sew and quilt both. I am with Patrice and Sharlee. How do you know that it was not Kaye Wood who left Janome and PBS? Maybe she is tired and needs a break. Don't get me wrong, I do not buy anything just because a celebrity endorses it, but I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt.