Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Upset!! >

I'm Upset!!

I'm Upset!!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
why trash Marie Osmond? how do you know whether or not she sews? do you live next door to her?

if Nutrasystem worked for her, why shouldn't she endorse it? more power to her for admitting to herself and the world that she had gotten fat. good for her trying to spread the word about something she knows works. and why shouldn't she get paid for that?

how do you know Janome didn't have a good reason to end its relationship with Kaye Wood. how do you know Kaye Wood didn't end it?

i'm reading a lot of huffing, puffing and opinion here, but not a single fact. :hunf:
Thank you, Patrice. You said what I was thinking and what I planned to say but you said it all much more eloquently than I could. I don't know Kay and I don't know Marie. I do know each are accomplished in their fields of interest whether that's doll making and costumes for her dolls (which I have seen) or Kay who truly IS a wonderful quilter/sewer. Each have lots to offer and each deserves credit for their accomplishments.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by raptureready
-that doesn't mean that throwing scraps over her shoulder onto the floor doesn't still irritate me. ;-)

:) Why does that irritate you? I think it's a riot. :-D :-D :-D
I thought it really was a riot when quilt expert Georgia Bonesteel was shown sweeping up all the scraps and shaking her head.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Belles
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by raptureready
-that doesn't mean that throwing scraps over her shoulder onto the floor doesn't still irritate me. ;-)

:) Why does that irritate you? I think it's a riot. :-D :-D :-D
I thought it really was a riot when quilt expert Georgia Bonesteel was shown sweeping up all the scraps and shaking her head.

El throwing scraps used to really irritate me too, until I realized I have learned more about quilting watching her show than from anyone else. The bonus came when I placed some fabric orders from Quiltinaday and recieved a ziplock baggy with scrap strips in it! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Old 04-07-2010, 07:49 AM

I think that those of us that just LOVED (myself included) should contact Janome to find out Why they dropped Kaye Wood! I love her show too, and her designs.
We should protest,to Janome,that they now have a someone who most likely cannot even begin to know all of what Kaye Wood knows about quilting and sewing.
Then again - maybe Kaye Wood was the one to leave on her own.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:13 PM

I also don't buy anything just because a celebrity has endorsed it. Sometimes I purposely avoid those items!!! LOL

However, I am not a huge fan of Kaye Wood either. This could be just coincident, maybe not....many years ago, I designed a way to make what I called quilted floor blankets for babies. (They laid flatter than regular baby blankets.) The process is the same as what Kaye wood uses for her quilt in a day. I had watched her program on TV for the longest time, but never saw her use this technigue until about 6-8 months after I started selling my quilts to the cruise ships. Coincident? I don't know. Maybe. It just kinda stuck in my craw to see her say this was a design she just came up with....and maybe she did. After all, it wouldn't be the first time that the same idea was thought of by more than one person. :D

Ok...I'm done with my vent now too. :) hehehe
Old 04-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Banned

As much as I love Marie Osmond, I'd rather Kaye did Janome.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:40 PM

Just returned from my quilting guild here in Arizona, Kaye Wood will be here for Quilting at The Lake" next year , guess she is on the road with her teaching, Any body interested in one of her classes?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 PM

I lived in Utah for many years, Most of the LDS Ladies that I knew , really could cook, craft, and ,knit and sew, I am a Catholic but appreciatde the skills those ladies had for homemaking and being a mother and most held down a job too, so I think Marie being LDS learned those skills also :thumbup:
Old 04-09-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Campbell34
I lived in Utah for many years, Most of the LDS Ladies that I knew , really could cook, craft, and ,knit and sew, I am a Catholic but appreciatde the skills those ladies had for homemaking and being a mother and most held down a job too, so I think Marie being LDS learned those skills also :thumbup:
I give those ladies alot of credit for holding down jobs and doing all the other stuff. I am a stay at home mom and loving it but if I had to work outside the home I bet I couldn't spend alot of time quilting. I love your vette by the way.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 PM

I agree with most of you, Marie Osmond is not the same level sewer as Kaye Wood. Kaye Wood has been around for a long time. Did she request to be dropped? Marie Osmond had a display one year at the Houston Quilt Festival. It was just a display with her name there.

Kaye Wood has been teaching quilting for years. Not fair to have dropped her name.