The Newbie: LUCKY LUCY

Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 AM

I just checked again, she now has 9. I am positive she wont be able to care for that many but am waiting to hear from my rescue friends to see what to do.. bottle feed? find another nursing momma with only a couple? I seriously doubt she can feed 9 and darn it.. that is a whole load of babies.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 AM

I had a cat that had one kitten and she abandoned it at birth. I had to bottle feed him. You can get baby bottles at the vet and even a formular. I used diluted canned milk and he survided and was a huge cat. I took him everywhere I went in his box (crib)and changed the flannel blankets (flannel scraps) when he peed the bed. I even had to set the clock at night to get up and giving him his feedings. It was just like caring for a baby but they start eating by themselves allot sooner so even though hectic at the beginning it don't last any longer then it takes for them to learn to eat by themselves. Good luck, maybe your friends and family would be glad to help you.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:38 PM

Lucy suprised us once more. She now has 10 babies. She just inhaled a can of wet food and I am praying I dont need to pull the bottle and KMR out but think I will have to suppliment some of them or they wont make it. That is an awful lot of little ones for the momma. This picture is not horribly clean but she is in no mood for me to wash her towel and move her at this moment. Maybe by tonight she will be more up for it. I doubt it. Ten babies is a whole lot of work. She will be tired for aLONG TIME! Four buff/apricot, three orange, one gray tabby and two mystery either tabby/white, gray white or black and white. So far so good. AS you can see the one little guy is napping on top of mom no room at the inn below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-46718.jpe
Views:	56
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	46718  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

That is such a precious picture!
If I lived closer, I would adopt one of them for sure
Old 04-06-2010, 05:50 PM

She's a beautiful cat with beautiful babies! Thank you for what you do and with time she'll be a great cat for you. Shame on her previous owner; some people don't deserve pets.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:30 AM

Such cute and wonderful babies!! :D
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 AM

Wow, 10 is a big litter for a cat. I hope they are all doing great and that you are doing well yourself.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 AM

Lucy is doing great. She has had three kittens go to rescue as she had just too many for her little body. They are doing ok bottle feeding which is good. The others are all eating well, sleeping more, much quieter (everyone has a bit of milk!) and she is venturing out to the livingroom to escape for a few minutes at a time so all is good. Here is the day 5 pic.. I think by the middle of next week I can borrow one for a true photo op! Thank you for all your kind words and comments. I know that its going to be SO easy to figure which two little ones are going to stay with me.. (uh huh) I need this one, and that one and well if I had that one..I think they will pick me (all of them??)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-53404.jpe
Views:	59
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	53404  
Old 04-11-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the update & precious pic. My 3 furry felines are full of midnight madness at the moment giving me reasons to be so grateful as their mom was a rescue. Thank you for your kindness--hoping the 3 ones elsewhere are in good hands.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:03 PM

OH such beautiful babies darling Lucy has had! So glad you could find a foster mama for 3. 10 kittens is quite a brood. Lucy sure is lucky that you found her and have such a big heart. Bless you!