Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
my machine update >

my machine update

my machine update

Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 PM

I have a Brothers Innovis NX400Q that skips stitches. I have taken it to two different Brothers dealership but neither one of them believes me that the machine does that because when they plugged it in the machine would sew perfect. I even told them that the skipping doesn't start until after you have been stitching a bit. They gave me a yea sure look. It used to only does it during straight stitch but now it does it during free motion. After being burned twice it is hard to try again. Thankfully I have two other less fancy sewing machines to help me finish my projects until I have enough money to try another repair shop again.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 PM

I have a Bernina 930 and if I need anything I take it to the lady at the LQS. She's good, honest and fast. If it's something I can fix myself she orders the part and gives me advice on easiest way to fix it.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Granny B, you are so lucky to have such a reliable LQS. Both of the repair places I took my Brothers to were recommended by LQS. The next one I would like to take mine to when I have saved enough money is recommended by quilters who go there as customers. I find that to be important or hopeful. Whichever.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 AM

You're lucky to have found someone honest enough to fix the machine right. Hold on to them; they are a dying breed. Took mine 70 miles to the dealer to fix, got it home a week later, tried to sew on it, and still not right. So, electronic machine or not, I took a screwdriver and opened her up, vacuumed all the gunk out, put in a couple drops of s.m. oil and closed her up. Runs like new. No more 70 mile trips; although there are a couple of nice quilt shops down there!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Google Goddess

wow, glad you fixed your machine

Originally Posted by charvan
You're lucky to have found someone honest enough to fix the machine right. Hold on to them; they are a dying breed. Took mine 70 miles to the dealer to fix, got it home a week later, tried to sew on it, and still not right. So, electronic machine or not, I took a screwdriver and opened her up, vacuumed all the gunk out, put in a couple drops of s.m. oil and closed her up. Runs like new. No more 70 mile trips; although there are a couple of nice quilt shops down there!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:47 PM

charvan wrote:
So, electronic machine or not, I took a screwdriver and opened her up, vacuumed all the gunk out, put in a couple drops of s.m. oil and closed her up.

I would be so angry to see gunk in a machine that had just been serviced! GRRRRRRRR!

If I were fixing a machine the FIRST thing I would do after trying a new needle is clean out all the lint, etc. and oil it properly. Flossing the tension control is good, too.

Fran Mc
Old 04-27-2010, 01:48 PM

I probably voided the warranty, but driving 70 miles one way and coming home with the same problem made me think I could do better than they did. So far, she is doing better embroidery, and the straight stitch looks good. Guess I'll just use instinct from now on.