Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When your married to an engineer there is no such thing as a "simple request" to make a big board ironing board >

When your married to an engineer there is no such thing as a "simple request" to make a big board ironing board

When your married to an engineer there is no such thing as a "simple request" to make a big board ironing board

Old 05-17-2011, 06:55 AM

Well, after reading all these posts I am glad to find I am not alone in the over engineered, over analyzed, it wont work, etc.. aspects of living with a really nice man who drives me up the wall! But I love him anyway!!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:56 AM

Okay I can understand your problem but in my house if I can do it, I do, because my DH isn't the creative type. He's amazed at my creative side. His mind just doesn't go there.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 AM

go out and buy a kitchen island cover the top and you have more storage....that is what I will have when we move.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Ain't that the truth! Good luck getting anything completed the way you want it. I've gotten to the point I just get the stuff I want and when mine isn't around I make it up real quick. Then if he notices, I'm like "this old thing?"

Why is it so many of creative quilter types have married analytical spouses?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:19 AM

DogHouseMom, I know it may be frustrating waiting for the ironing board, but I think it is rather cute of him to be so concerned in wanting to make it JUST RIGHT! Maybe because of his engineering sence, he cannot think outside the box, so to speak! Just think of the wonderful piece he will make for you. :) Take some pictures when it is made! lol and have patience, this is a venture of love in both respect, for you and for his ability to create! Huggles

Sharon
Old 05-17-2011, 07:21 AM

I used to just slip out to his workshop when he wasn't home and build the things I needed/wanted for myself. Now that we are both retired, I have a lot fewer things the way I want them. I am still waiting on the ironing board. He hasn't found the right materials to build it. YES HE IS AN ENGINEER ALSO!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:25 AM

Your just to funny!!!!I'm married to an engineer and I feel your frustration. I just looked up the spelling of frustration on my spelling Ace and they define the word as "The blocking of someone else's plan. Fits
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM

My late husband was an engineer. He made drawings for months before he finally tackled a project. I still remember my dad said to me when I told him I was going to marry Joe, "He is a terrific guy but are you sure you want to marry an engineer?" You have to love them or you would either run away or go insane!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 AM

LOL...my son is an engineer and yes, they are born and educated to think in that manner. But, thank goodness, because when you design or assess "machines" that people depend upon it saves lives! However, with some things that do not result in dire consequences it might be better not to ask and DIY. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Just wish mine was interested somewhat in what I was doing. :( He says it's pretty but thats the extent.