Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Harbor Freight Blades >
  • Harbor Freight Blades

• Harbor Freight Blades

Old 06-23-2011, 05:20 PM

I used mine for the first time this week.They cut fine, just as good or better than regular blades. Sorry you have problems. For the price, they are worth it.
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:34 PM

I HAVE HAD MINE FOR 6 MONTHS AND HAVE ONLY CHANGED THE BLADE ONCE AND HAVE CUT LOTS OF THINGS WITH THE ONE BLADE. SORRY YOU HAD BAD LUCK. IF YOU LIVE NEAR THE STORE MAYBE YOU CAN TAKE THEM BACK AND SHOW THEM AND GET NEW ONES. WORTH A TRY.
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:50 PM

Are you sure that Harbor Freight won't take back the bad blades. My husband has taken back things that don't work and they have been great about it. Now they require a receipt. They didn't used to but of course I'm sure someone abused it so now a receipt is required. I'd take it back and ask them for a replacement. I'm sure you couldn't do that at a fabric store.
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
    After reading all of the wonderful comments about these blades I went to HF and bought 6 pkgs. They were on sale. However I am very disappointed. The first two blades cut through a single layer only and leaving several threads uncut. The last two blades won't even cut through a single layer. I've tried turning the blades over thinking I may have put it on wrong. Anyone else have these problems? Bought them awhile ago and didn't save receipt so I guess I'll have to save my JoAnn's coupons and go invest in the real thing. UGH!
    Sorry to hear that. I've not had any problems with the blades.
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by LORNAD
    Are you sure that Harbor Freight won't take back the bad blades. My husband has taken back things that don't work and they have been great about it. Now they require a receipt. They didn't used to but of course I'm sure someone abused it so now a receipt is required. I'd take it back and ask them for a replacement. I'm sure you couldn't do that at a fabric store.
    I no longer have the receipt. I bought these about 3 months ago and really didn't expect to need it for anything. The store is really too far away to make it worth the effort with the price of gas. I'll just chalk it up to a lesson learned. You get what you pay for.
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:08 PM

I love them and have used 4-5 pkgs....have had no problems.
    Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 PM

I've been very happy with them. I also used one exclusively to cut 100 very large paper hexagons. When I was done, I just threw that blade away feeling I got more than my money's worth. I've been using one for fabric for a while now and it's still doing the job.
    Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 PM

I just bought online 2 packages of blades. Mine don't cut real well, they miss some of the threads too. guess I'll stick to the ones from Joann's..

glad that I tried then now I know...LOL
    Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 AM

I too bought 5 packs. They are horrible. And.... I have a new cutting mat so that is not the problem either. I think they are just not that fine sharpened since they are to cut big thick carpet, not precise for fabric. I tried a couple of packages about 6 months or so ago and they seemed fine so I ordered more but these last ones are just useless. I will go to JoAnns and get the better ones even though they do cost more. But it will be less frustration and worth it.
    Old 06-24-2011, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
    After reading all of the wonderful comments about these blades I went to HF and bought 6 pkgs. They were on sale. However I am very disappointed. The first two blades cut through a single layer only and leaving several threads uncut. The last two blades won't even cut through a single layer. I've tried turning the blades over thinking I may have put it on wrong. Anyone else have these problems? Bought them awhile ago and didn't save receipt so I guess I'll have to save my JoAnn's coupons and go invest in the real thing. UGH!
    Have you tried eBay? They have the name brands for a lot less. Even with using a coupon of 50% off at Joann's, they are still like $17.50 for a five pack.