Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2018 March - June Wall Hanging Swap >

2018 March - June Wall Hanging Swap

2018 March - June Wall Hanging Swap

Old 06-18-2018, 08:07 AM

ube quilting, your quilt is awesome. The name fits. LindaC, sorry to hear about your dad. Sending prays your way.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Glad to hear you are on the mend Rumbols. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose the use of those precious digits. If not too personal, how does a doctor treat something like this? This is a curious condition to have in every finger. take care of those creative tools.
peace
The initial treatment is a corticosteroid injection. If that doesn't alleviate the problem, then hand surgery is a next step. Trigger finger is caused by inflammation to the sheath surrounding the tendon of the affected finger. Over time, irritation can cause scarring and thickening of the sheath, preventing the tendon from gliding smoothly, therefore causing the finger to catch or stay in a locked position. The repeated gripping motion of some occupations or hobbies can cause the symptoms. It can be related to diabetes, carpal tunnel surgery, and Rheumatoid Arthritis. It is more common in women.

The first time it happened to me, I was in my early 40's. I was getting our house in North Carolina ready to sell. We had a small orchard and numerous other trees and bushes, and I was pruning. About 5 of my finger became swollen, and I when I would try to bend my fingers, they would catch at the middle joint for a second before releasing. I stopped pruning. It was even difficult to drive. I rested my hands and I got steroid injections. That took care of the problem. Fast forward to several years ago. I had been doing a lot of crocheting, sewing and gardening. One day I used the weed whacker for a couple of hours, and then I spent several hours pruning shrubs. The next morning when I woke up, I had trigger finger. Only one of my fingers was affected this time. I went and had an injection but I still had the issue. I went again a month later and had another injection. Still didn't help. The doctor told me that the next step would be surgery. I have not followed up with that, but I plan to. I notice that when I first wake up in the morning is when my finger catches, but after about a half hour, it is hardly noticeable.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
More progress on this WHing. Calling it " Summer Pajama Party". It is 24" Sq.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596096[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596097[/ATTACH]

Enjoy the week ahead.
peace
Ube, what a cute wall hanging. I think the name you chose for it is perfect and captures it perfectly. How do you plan to quilt it?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Anna, I'm going to scallop the background of the pinwheels and a simple crosshatch in the center. I may add false trapunto to the motif.
peace
Old 06-18-2018, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

Sounds great! I think the roundness of the scallops will really look nice with the pinwheels and offset the angles. I have done scallops one time but plan to use it more often. I have never done trapunto before and am not sure what false trapunto would be. Sounds all very interesting and am looking forward to seeing pictures of the finnished wall hanging.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Here is where I am going with the Americana wall hanging. I just have everything laying loose on top of each other in the picture. I am not sure what I want to applique above the eagle. I was thinking USA. I was also thinking about adding some gold stars but then realized there are plenty of stars on the light blue center fabric. I am also wondering about the dark blue triangles and might do some gold stars there but it would be the only gold/yellow in the wall hanging. Decisions...
Attached Thumbnails 20180616_180528-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-18-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

you could add stars, I think it would be nice.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:44 PM

I think the word freedom, either applique'd or embroidered above the eagle would be sweet.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
I think the word freedom, either applique'd or embroidered above the eagle would be sweet.
I think I like that. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
you could add stars, I think it would be nice.
In the dark blue triangles, right?