Are you retired?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:12 PM

I've been partially retired for nearly a year and absolutely love this new life. I get fully retired at the end of THIS month after practicing law for nearly 30 years. That's enough of that, thank you very much!!! Time to have a real life.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:14 PM

sb - spina bifida
Originally Posted by Woodster
Originally Posted by thequilteddove
I retired, but I'm not retired! lol I take care of my 3yr old gd who has sb and soon will have a gs in my care as well. And then in the evenings & weekends I work on customer quilts... I have 2 admit working full time I had more time 4 myself, made more $$$ and accomplished so much more lol But, I'm happy as a clam in sand cause it's what I choose to do :)
Make me smart. What sb?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:00 PM

I guess you can say I am retired.
Supervisor got on my nerves one
day and I walked out.
Took SS at 62 and may starve but
have been home since Aug. 2008.
JBJ137 in SC
Old 06-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Not retired but full time student unemployed. Married to a retired Denver PD officer tho. He says he doesn't know how he ever managed to work in a job because he is always busy here doing or helping someone.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 PM

My hubby took an early retirement in 2000...then talked me into retiring early five years later. We are loving it.

Margie
Old 06-20-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnitaSt
I've been partially retired for nearly a year and absolutely love this new life. I get fully retired at the end of THIS month after practicing law for nearly 30 years. That's enough of that, thank you very much!!! Time to have a real life.
Now that reminds me of a friend who started this huge business in Technology. He and his pardner work and etc for about 20 years sold the business. I met him at a wedding and he told me he was now an artist and he is so happy. He said he had always wanted to be an artist but didn't want to starve lol....I loved his story.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
I'm tired and re-tired, but not retired....does that count? :lol:

I can't wait for that day to retire tho...so much I want to get done on my bucket list! :)
Hello Charlee, I don't want to burst your bubble but I am retired now since 1991 and believe me when I say that I had a lot more time when I was working full time. Probably due to the fact that the weekends were really the only time for "me" things. I couldn't waste a minute. It seems now there is no spare time left for "me" things. Of course I don't have the energy that I used to have but still .........Shopping, housecleaning, laundry, doctor visits and the worst headache of all MEALS ! First thing in the morning I think "what am i going to make for supper". Hopefully you will do better. p;s;...lunchtime was great for crocheting and/ or other needlework.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:58 PM

guess I'm not the only one saying this.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:35 PM

Meals.. I hate meals.. I have thought about, bought, carried out, loaded, drove home, unloaded, washed and separated, put away, froze, defrosted, cooked, ate and then clean up and put away food for meals for 40 years with only a couple of breaks while I was having a baby.. Someone or everyone was home for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks all of those days. I don't care if I ever fix another meal! Yet now that it's just my husband and I, I still don't seem to get away without making meals everyday. We do go out more, and go away more than we ever did.. but there is still meals. I am tired of everything I make, and more tired of eating it and dealing with it. Who would ever have thought it could become such a burden to fix meals? Then of course I feel guilty because I have food in the house and many don't. It's crazy! I never thought I'd feel this way. Guess more than being home changes with retirement!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Howard
Originally Posted by Charlee
I'm tired and re-tired, but not retired....does that count? :lol:

I can't wait for that day to retire tho...so much I want to get done on my bucket list! :)
Hello Charlee, I don't want to burst your bubble but I am retired now since 1991 and believe me when I say that I had a lot more time when I was working full time. Probably due to the fact that the weekends were really the only time for "me" things. I couldn't waste a minute. It seems now there is no spare time left for "me" things. Of course I don't have the energy that I used to have but still .........Shopping, housecleaning, laundry, doctor visits and the worst headache of all MEALS ! First thing in the morning I think "what am i going to make for supper". Hopefully you will do better. p;s;...lunchtime was great for crocheting and/ or other needlework.
:) I've been a SAHM, and worked many other jobs, but this one takes the cake. My time is NEVER my own, since I live where I work and all of the customers know it. My boss also knows when I'm home, and often calls on our two days off. I don't think I've spent more than 10 days off without a phone call or having to go into the office into over 7 years now...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have time when I retire, simply because I spend a LOT of time now when I'm not at the office, cleaning and taking care or personal business that I could do with the time I spend at the office now! ;)