Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your current project? >

What's your current project?

What's your current project?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 AM

Just finished this baby quilt for my nieces baby shower past Sunday. Getting ready to finish the baby quilt for my nephew. And I need to find time to do one up for a preemie baby girl at church. She is only 2 pounds. So this is something that needs to be done asap.....I will start on it today.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86172.jpe  
Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 AM

I know it was 2009, it was a magazine and the quilt was on the cover. It might have been spring or early summer because my DIL said I had it with me when we went fabric shopping in July. I got on websites yesterday just to see if I could find back issues and of course due to my ineptness on the computer couldn't find anything. I so appreciate anyone that can help....
Old 06-28-2010, 06:39 AM

Third Bow Tucks Purse, watercolor log cabin, scrappy Memory Chain, Storm at Sea (started about 5 years ago), Yellow Brick Road for my grandson, kaleidoscope, and on, and on, and on.

I think I have ADHD when it comes to quilting - I start on something and half way through, I get bored and have to start on something else :-)
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 PM

Here's a couple of mine:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85587.jpe   attachment-85680.jpe  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:15 PM

hello bookworm...

my grandson (the future astronaut) would love anything made out of that space fabric

can you tell me who makes it, and the name of the fabric if you have it.

thanks!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 PM

The yellow is a made for Jo-Ann's one. The others are all Robert Kaufman. www.robertkaufman.com I just happened to have the fabric beside me. The planet one is "Stargazers". The triangles are by the same guy and have swirls and stars on them. Don't have their names though :(
Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM

I'm finishing a scrappy log cabin top, altering a jacket I made a month ago, just finished a dress this weekend,and a new skirt; all because I am dying to get started on my 'Woven ribbons' quilt! I have to make room......
Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 AM

Right now I am making sofa size quilts (44x74) for wounded veterans for their beds. It fits the top of the bed, as well as, able to wrap up in it for a nap or doubled for a wheelchair. This one is a scrappy with posts all around in mauve with a mauve back. So far it's looking good. God bless.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:15 PM

I really have way too many things started but right now lying on bed, across ironing board, on sewing table plus hanging on display wall are the following:

(1) Charity pinwheel (turning out okay in yellows-purples, will be given to Project Linus coordinator who will add their label);
(2) Charity HST quilt (this is a so-so quilt in brown scrappy);
(3) Charity bear quilt with pinwheels in the corners and panel in center. (I am liking this one in maroon-brown-pink and of course yellow for honey jug).

All of the above cost only the amount of the batting and my time since the fabrics were given to a friend of mine and we are making quilts on top of quilts. (various sizes 40x40 to 40x60) There probably are five huge tubs of various types of fabrics—all in full yardages. Most will be enveloped and machine quilted. We are so blessed to get this woman’s stash. She just does not want to sew any more. I brought home 36 yards, and washed/ironed it last week.

Then another of my sewing groups has been donated seven Winnie The Pooh panels which I am also enveloping and machine quilting into approx, 40x45 quilts. Those will go to our county’s battered women’s center this fall. I have one completely done and the other six cut and ready to begin. They will be labeled with our group’s name, year, and county name.

On a personal note, I am finishing the handwork on granddaughter’s wall hanging (Photo-Thimbleberry fabrics in greens and tans). For this wall hanging, similar to large Ohio Stars, we are tacking her recital pins and other special things. For her little 3-year old brother, a box sits nearby with all kinds of bug pieces for a Jar Quilt. That little guy can follow an ant a half block!

Of course, my own One-Block-Wonder UFO (photo) is still rolled up in corner after my showing it at Guild.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85161.jpe   attachment-85162.jpe  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM

I have pieced a lap quilt.I believe is a log cabin, called japanese lanturns.Iam procrastinating about adding the borders and binding.It has been over 20 plus years since i made my one and only quilt.i also sew alot and those projects get in the way.In the process of sewing 2 little dresses and a purse for my GD, a purse for myself,several pillow case dresses of which our prayer shawl ministry donates to a mission in eastern ky.place mats., hot pads, casserole carrier, holiday coasters and a jumper for a dear lady who is in the nursing home. she was a patient of mine when i did home health nursing. Oh and i just bought a quilt pattern i believe is called Bits and Pieces.It has scottie dogs all over it. My sister has a scottie dog and would love to do this for her for christmas.