Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ok does anyone else have this problem? >

ok does anyone else have this problem?

ok does anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM
mac

I have that problem, too. I can't tell you how many unopened patterns I have. I give a guess and say about 60%,

Recently, I took time to organize them by catagories -- took me a while. But then I found out that some patterns I must really, really like because I had 2 or 3 of the same patterns.

In this economy, I find 'stupid buying' on my part really frustrating.

I bet we are not alone.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Skyqueen30094
I know we talk about our fabric stash how big it is, organizing it etc but does anyone else also have a problem collecting patterns? I keep seeing patterns I like and buying them or saving them but never use them :roll:
I used to buy books and patterns, but now I don't. I get all the patterns I want for free either on here or online. I do collect and save them. I have an absolute TON of them saved. Some I've printed out and put in binders. Others are printed out and just scattered here and there in my sewing room and yet others (bunches and bunches) I have saved to my computer. WAY, WAY more than I will ever make, but I keep them for inspiration.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:06 PM

Collecting patterns is part of our "addiction" to collecting fabric.
I have gotten rid of a few, but I just can't seem to part with most of them. What's fun is going through the stash and seeing some I'd forgotten I bought.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 PM

Not only patterns that are printed, but I have quite a collection on my flashdrive.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 PM

I have 2 Rubbermaid buckets of patterns that I've collected. But that's nothing compared to the notebooks that hold all the patterns I've gotten on-line or clipped out of magazines.
I wonder if I will ever make some of them.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:36 PM

That sounds like the way I use cookbooks. Keep buying them, but never using them. All my patterns, whether free or purchased are punched with holes and put into a 3 ring binder.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:36 PM

I have so many patterns and books. I subscribed to Quiltmaker magazine for about 10 years and there are a lot I have gotten off the internet.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

If quilting magazines and books count...YES!
and not to mention all the free ones online.
oh yes!
and the ones that got passed down to me...yes, yes, yes.
I guess it's just I don't think of it as a problem, lol. I think, "Oh happy day!"
I am using some of them, just not enough hours in the day!
A quilter should have invented the calendar ;-)
Old 10-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Retta
The patterns I collect are doll clothes patterns. If you have the interest,they also can be addicting. My favorites are the 18" American Girl Doll, the 4.5 inch Barbie's sister Kelly, and the Skipper doll 9.5 inch teenage sisiter of Barbie! Sometimes I decelop my own patterns and I do use these quite a bit.
I have an embarrassing number of quilt patterns but an even more embarrassing number of American Girl Doll patterns from my obsession when my granddaughters were at that stage. They've way outgrown them but I hang on, hoping that the grandson and gdil who have two boys will have a girl while I can still sew.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Retta
The patterns I collect are doll clothes patterns. If you have the interest,they also can be addicting. My favorites are the 18" American Girl Doll, the 4.5 inch Barbie's sister Kelly, and the Skipper doll 9.5 inch teenage sisiter of Barbie! Sometimes I decelop my own patterns and I do use these quite a bit.
Same here. I make clothes for my DGDs and I have enough fabric and patterns to make them the best dressed American dolls in the world (if I only had the time!). The girls will be married and have kids of their own before I use up all the stuff!